United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Babylon is back with a new volume in BGB's Q&A series. This time, I have the pleasure of chatting with another favorite game designer and this time, it's the award-winning Matt Leacock, the man responsible for the still-hot Pandemic, Roll Through The Ages and the fun new Forbidden Island, soon to be available from Gamewright (and to be reviewed on BGB within an episode or two). Matt was kind enough to join us for Orccon 2010 and sit down to answer my questions about his gaming history, designs and how his job as an interface designer bleeds into the board game design world..

Your feedback is GREATLY appreciated! Send it to sheylon AT gmail DOTCOM, post it here or to the forum.

www.boardgamebabylon.com

RSS: www.boardgamebabylon.libsyn.com/rss

For more information on Strategicon conventions, go to: www.strategicon.net

Thanks for downloading and listening to Boardgame Babylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this has to be a new record in getting the Q&A's published after the con! Good news for all of us loyal listeners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:
Boardgame Babylon is back with a new volume in BGB's Q&A series. This time, I have the pleasure of chatting with another favorite game designer and this time, it's the award-winning Matt Leacock, the man responsible for the still-hot Pandemic, Roll Through The Ages and the fun new Forbidden Island, soon to be available from Gamewright (and to be reviewed on BGB within an episode or two). Matt was kind enough to join us for Orccon 2010 and sit down to answer my questions about his gaming history, designs and how his job as an interface designer bleeds into the board game design world..

The embedded player above is an interview with Jason Matthews (show 70).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OOPS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
Sheylon wrote:

The embedded player above is an interview with Jason Matthews (show 70).

No, it's not...now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElZappo wrote:
Wow, this has to be a new record in getting the Q&A's published after the con! Good news for all of us loyal listeners.

I was motivated to do so both because I'm behind on shows (there are a lot in the can...) and Matt's appearing on another podcast soon so I had to get my exclusive content out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the attendance at the Con? Nice job again on heading up the boardgames. As always it was an amazing event!

Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we were around 1,400. Tough with Valentine's Day in there. Waiting final word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
A good interview! I think I got to meet Matt at a game day up in the Silicon Valley before I moved down to SoCal. That was long ago, when Lunatix Loop was first out or maybe still playtesting. Since Pandemic (inc. On the Brink) and RttA are two of my recent top favorites, this is a designer I'm eager about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the interview, but I had a little trouble with the audio this time. It seemed like when you and Matt were talking, it was really quiet, but when you and Matt laughed, it was really loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug,

My apologies there. That is, unfortunately, what happens when I put out a quick show. I normally go through and fix levels throughout - usually listen through a couple of times to get it right (and kill the overbearing laughs). Didn't do it this time in the interest of getting it out quickly.

Actually re-thinking doing these as open Q&A sessions and possibly making them more intimate in the future. With the new facility where Strategicon is going, I may have more freedom there. Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.