Subject: What to keep? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Natural born viking
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received the 2nd edition rulebook and is considering getting rid of the my 1st ed rulebook. I know it isn't worth a lot so I'm wondering if it is worth keeping? Right now, the main reason to sell is to free some shelf space, but if it is usable for some obscure reason I might as well keep it.

Second related question: I got my used 1st ed RB together with Beyond Valor and don't know if the armory pages belong to the RB or to Beyond Valor. I.e should I remove them if I sell the RB?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might want to keep the binder.
For me after years of buying ASL stuff, one binder is not big enough.
I put the "core" rules in one binder. The other has the equipment notes, HASL specific stuff and the some stuff from 1st edition like the Armory pages.

As for the rest of your 1st edition rules (especially the core part -- chapters A-D), you can give/loan those to new players just trying out the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep the 1st ed rules in case you find a new potential opponent who doesn't have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natural born viking
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
Keep the 1st ed rules in case you find a new potential opponent who doesn't have them.

Good point! I keep them for the time beeing.

While I'm asking, I guess its best to keep my complete set of unpunched squad leader boxes as well. The collector value seem to be low, and most of the value seems to be in the boards which is needed for ASL as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:

I just started playing a few months ago. Borrowing my gaming partner's 1st ed rulebook was a huge help in getting started. And in convincing me to invest in my own 2nd ed. rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Justus
msg tools
mb
I don't suppose you have any of Chapter G only you'd be willing to sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natural born viking
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikejustus wrote:
I don't suppose you have any of Chapter G only you'd be willing to sell?

I'm afraid not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.