Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son & I are mid-battle right now... and I just killed off his Ice Drake. I specifically used Lore cards to siphon Lore away from him to keep him from powering up the dragon, so he only got to use the Ice Breath one time... and it only froze one unit.

It did take a lot (4-5?) of attacks by heavy hitters (Troll, Heavy Cavalry) to finally get the critical hit... and my Troll is on life support right now.

At least this dragon doesn't seem to be substantially unbalancing so far... though he'd wreak havoc on an army full of light infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 1 game thus far. Played the Epic scenario (all 3 dragons) with my 8-year-old son. It was a good time. He smoked me with his fire-breathing dragon (pun intended). He really liked the dragon sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd play w/the Dragons - this time my son took the Fire breather and managed to incinerate one of my Heavy Cavalry and cost me a good bit of Lore to keep my Wood Wyvern & another Cav unit alive. My Wood W. didn't do anything of note except land in a woods hex in the middle of the board & slowed his troops advance.

The problem, just like with the Earth Elemental, Spider, Troll & Giant is that you can get distracted by them. You have to win the battle... not just fight with the monsters. :-)

So far, the Heroes haven't met the Dragons, but that's likely to come into play in the next scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor-Davies
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played the first 2 scenarios yesterday. In the first one the Wood Wyvern was very effective, lurking in the forest and flying out from time to time to poison people. Next to impossible to damage (by normal means) while in the woods (though my son did his best with a devestating Forest Frenzy).

In the second the Ice Dragon was not so active, but I did my best to neutralise it by taking a Level 3 Wizard to try and attack it with Lore. It almost worked, but in the end the ice Dragon struck the final blow, capturing the final banner. It was very close though.

It was very enjoyable trying to work out how best to use the dragons and how to counter them. Another layer of gameplay. All good stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
second that.
Poisonuous Pines ended with wyvern attacking blue cavalry and being killed in battleback. Dragons really seem next to impossible to kill. Which is even more rewarding when they actually get killed. Apart of wyvern, all scenario was played to try to ignore it.
With Ice Drake - one just can not ignore it. After he flies over frontline troops, they freeze becoming easy targets for other soldiers.
I used Ice drake in combination with Thieve's Den which put my opponent in defensive from first move (it's not easy to cover all forests and hills - and definitely unacceptable to let the beast slip in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.