Dizios» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A look at Dizios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality: This game is very effectively packaged. The box is thin and all the pieces fit inside perfectly. The tiles are sturdy cardboard, and very colorful...almost too colorful!!! It would have been nice to see the tiles in a heavy-duty plastic instead, because I imagine that the tiles that come with this game would not hold up well if a drink should get spilled on them. I think a tile rack would come in handy, and this was not included with the game. It is not easy to hide your tiles from opponents because they cannot stand up on their own.

Game Play:
It was challenging to find places to put down the tiles. Many of the tiles have similar swirls of color, and appear at first glance to fit in the arrangement, but then when you line them up, are just not the right fit. I liked the point system in which you score for all the tiles that are touching the one you place down. Dots on the tiles translate into points. Different tiles have different values. As you play, you create an interesting abstract of tiles, that is very cool to look at. With two players, I suggest playing to 100 points on the score pad (since it ends there) because there are just too many tiles and not enough space on any table I've ever seen to fit them all! I like that the rules state that you cannot place a tile in a position where it would be somewhat off the table, even if it would technically fit there.

Overall Impressions:
After a few minutes of play, I truly understood why the creator named the game 'Dizios.' I played the game while having a headache, and looking at the pieces did not help! laugh This is a cute, little game that puts visual and spatial skills to the test. I think I will share this one with my students. Children and adults would appreciate this game.

Rating: 7 out of 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IN THE BOX: The game now comes with 4 black plastic tile racks. Pieces are sturdy chipboard. There is no 'scoring pad'. Rules are simple and come in English, French and Spanish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.