Arkham Horror: The Lurker at the Threshold Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion rage finally sets in! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sheldon
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
In order to maintain some order to my Arkham collection I finally bit the bullet last Autumn and set to work building and completing a mahogany case for the base game and all expansions. This was no easy task. Today I glance at the geek for some relaxation and almost explode when I see another expansion. All those hours freezing in my bloody shed with rats for company making a bespoke box and those ingrates at FFG nullify my toils with yet more cards etc. I just hope that I left enough latitude in the card trays to squeeze a few more in.Spleen vented, off home to drink tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently storing my AH stuff (meaning everything but KH) in the AH + IH boxes. No insert in the IH box, but all the cards are sleeved. Looking forward to re-Tetrising the decks so that everything will still fit into those two boxes laugh .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Haydel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
handgrenadealien wrote:
In order to maintain some order to my Arkham collection I finally bit the bullet last Autumn and set to work building and completing a mahogany case for the base game and all expansions. This was no easy task. Today I glance at the geek for some relaxation and almost explode when I see another expansion. All those hours freezing in my bloody shed with rats for company making a bespoke box and those ingrates at FFG nullify my toils with yet more cards etc. I just hope that I left enough latitude in the card trays to squeeze a few more in.Spleen vented, off home to drink tea.

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see some photos of said mahogany case. Sounds epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheldon
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will post some when less enraged. May even get round to doing some plans at some point once moving house & work settle down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ye of little faith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Bessette
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like someone just took a -3 Sanity loss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheldon
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, applying the Lacquer sent me over the Threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't that why you're supposed to have ventilation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brett wagner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I was planning my woodworking excursion when I heard about the expansion. After doing the math I figure that my planned case could still work as I had left *some* room for extras.

However now I'll go back to the drawing board and add a bit more space for the next bigbox expansion .

I'd say this to the OP, clearly this means you need to make a small companion box to go with your first. I'd probably shuffle things around a bit and use the smaller companion box for little used cards like some of the GOO specific decks and the guardian decks (only sissies play with guardians).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Picard
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it just seems like the only time you can be safe making the gorgeous wooden box is when the game has gone out of print.

AH does cry out for a beautiful box, though, and just like with the game itself, one is tantalized, teased, and sometimes ultimately heartbroken by events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lloyd
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the last expansion though? I seem to remember reading that this was the final box.

L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is this the last expansion though? I seem to remember reading that this was the final box.

I hope not! Keep 'em comming I say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
handgrenadealien wrote:

What made you assume that Innsmouth Horror was going to be the final expansion for Arkham Horror?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
They've said IH was the final large box expansion. Some confusion may have arisen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm waiting for Arkham Horror - The Catapult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
They've said IH was the final large box expansion. Some confusion may have arisen.

I hadn't heard this. When did they mention it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've run outta Lovecraftian towns...

....Unless you count the unnamed town from "The Lurking Fear" which could have locations like 'Tempest Mountain', 'The Martense Mansion', or the tunnels under Jan Martense's grave...(hint hint)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Spleen of Morbius
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would ffg ever announce an expansion as "the last" do you think? or will the door always be left open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Jedit wrote:

Yeah, I've also never heard this (and I keep pretty up to date on all things Arkham Horror and FFG related). Where did you hear this?

Thoth Amon wrote:
They've run outta Lovecraftian towns...

Lovecraftian fiction (and CoC rpg) was never restricted to those few fictional towns, why should the game? How about London.........or Antarctica?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Jedit wrote:

It was bumming around somewhere on the website during the plans for Innsmouth Horror that no more large box expansions were planned, only small boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
'No more being planned' is completely different to 'this is the final big box expansion'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
le_cygne wrote:
Jedit wrote:

It was bumming around somewhere on the website during the plans for Innsmouth Horror that no more large box expansions were planned, only small boxes.

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but that kinda sounds like the way urban legends work- "It happened to my friend's brother's girlfriend's uncle".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Jedit wrote:
le_cygne wrote:
Jedit wrote:

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but that kinda sounds like the way urban legends work- "It happened to my friend's brother's girlfriend's uncle".

Lurker at the threshold looks like a small box expansion to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Arkham needs to go verticle.

What they really need to release is a handy expansion card holder rack, allowing you to fit 50+ decks of cards into a smaller play space. A seperate tier for each expansion.

Also possibly a 3d board holder, like that 3d chess in Star Trek, so you can fit all the expansion cities and the base game onto a smaller table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:

I would agree, except this is not friend-of-a-friend reporting. I personally saw it on the FFG website and I'm pretty damn sure it was Kevn Wilson saying it. I just don't recall when or where. It's possible that I'm mistaken, but why would I think I'd seen it if I hadn't?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.