Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Monster Chit Protection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot solo and my base-game monster tokens have become badly worn from rubbing together. To protect the expansion tokens from the same damage, I bought a couple of bags of 3x2 plastic seal-lock bags from a craft and hobby store and put them all in those. It's too late for the originals, although, I put those in bags, too, but the expansion monsters will all stay fresh and new.

From constant handling, the gate trophies were getting stained from hand oils, so I did the same with them. The bags are a little long and will fold over somewhat in the monster bag, but the can be folded back and isn't a problem.

With all the extra bulk, I grabbed a travel-sized pillow case out of the drawer for my new monster cup. It's a little big, but playing solo, I have plenty of room off to the side.

I only use one expansion at a time, so the individual expansion monsters I've put in a larger seal-lock bag when not in use.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
hmmmm
I wonder if it would be possible to laminate/shrinkwrap the individual tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda like that "lived-in" look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i sprayed my fury of dracula encpounter chits with archival varnish and will do the same to th ah monsters. had to edge them in different colours to sort out the expansions first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron

I looked into lamination, but they're too thick. It would create bubbles. Lamination is for thin paper stock. It works great for the investigators and AO's. Shrink wrap would probably tear in the mixing.

My lived-in look is so bad I can barely tell a byakee from a Nightgaunt.
Whenever I pull the Dhole, I really don't recognize it until I get it close up.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I touch the edges up with marker (well, the red and black bordered ones anyway) They're still all chewed up :-( but it hides the little white nicks and dings in the edges...

They get chewed up by the plastic stands; they also get destroyed in the Monster Bag (I use a cloth bag instead of a cup)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Download my Monster Sheet in the files section here on BGG.
It really does save on the wear and tear of your monster chits and that is the reason I made it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't that be diablo666?

edit: BTW, what's the link?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
Shouldn't that be diablo666?

edit: BTW, what's the link?

Brian

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/50859/monster-sheet

Grab some d12s and you're good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.