Popular Tags: [View All]
Archibald Zimonyi
Sweden
Gothenburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aduclos wrote:
I have read a few items here but wanted to see if there was any more insight on this issue.

I just picked up a used copy of Adv. Civ but the trade cards are almost too nice and new...they will not mix well with the base set I have which is battle tested and slightly browned, etc.

Is this a huge deal if you arent overly card watching? You could see what good is from what set...what are the other ramifications? Would these all need to be sleeved (except the red back calamities)? What about a sheet to cover the trade cards until its time to actually gather them? You would need to know/see where the calamities are (ie - are they on the top) so not sure thats feasible either but would be easier to implement. From there you would need to keep your cards close and covered so folks cant see what you have.

Could look into a replacement set for the base game but I wanted to maybe try this next week so not sure I would get them in time or if its 'that' big of a deal for a group which doesnt play that often.

I myself had two completely new copies of the games and I still see the difference between the base game and the expansion. It is very slight though so hardly noticeable during play.

I would actually suggest you print out "magic sized" (or other such CCG) cards and then purchase some very cheap common cards of said CCGs and then have card sleeves with a black (or other colour) background so that you can have bigger cards. I played with it once and it was really nice.

Archie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One suggestion is to use Artscow or The Game Crafter to get a set of trade cards printed. Buried on BGG are links to people's re-makes of the orginal cards and they are better looking than the originals. I haven't played a game with the bigger cards but think it would be easier to hold them then the smaller ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Could look into a replacement set for the base game but I wanted to maybe try this next week so not sure I would get them in time or if its 'that' big of a deal for a group which doesnt play that often.

If none of the other suggestions works for you, you could order a replacement deck from http://www.ahgeneral.org/

$25 + $4 shipping:
"You get a deck of 100 cards, broken down as follows:
8 - Iron (2), 7 - Papyrus (2), 8 - Timber (3), 7 - Oil (4), 6 - Wine (5), 5 - Silver (6), 5 - Resin (7), 6 - Spice (7), 5 - Gems (8), 4 - Dye (8), 4 - Ivory (9), 5 - Gold (9), 24 Calamity cards, 8 with red backs, and 6 Blank cards, 2 with red backs. Calamities for both games have been included."
$4 shipping:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't they have card sleeves that will fit these? They make all sorts of small sleeves now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.