Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I was going to put in a games order the other day(with Ra as one of the games) when I came across the thread that read something to the point that the new reprint is not so good. After doing some research I found there that a lot of people were unhappy with the new reprint by Rio Grande. The defect that is most apparent is the centering of the tiles. This is one of those things that Rio Grande finds acceptable because there was the same problem in previous versions and they used the same cast for the reprint. I think this is the only game that I have ever heard of this kind of problem. Please fix it. Second, the tile bag. Really? the guys who quality tested the game couldnt see that the bag does not fit all the tiles comfortably? Lastly, the tiles are of a cheaper quality. I know production costs go up every year but please just charge us two dollars more and give us some nice components.

The whole point of me starting this thread is that I hope someone from Rio Grande games reads my post and changes the components in a future reprint. I know that the quality of the new reprint does not bother some people, but I am a stickler for component quality. I am sorry to say I will be RA-less until some changes will be made and will have to play my buddies uberplay version until said changes happen.

Thanks for reading and Game On fellas and dudettes( not sure what the female version of a fella is. Let me know as using the word dudette just didnt feel right).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's difficult while reading up on BGG, but I've been trying to reduce the OCD anal qualities of living in this gaming utopian society here on the Internets. I've seen geeks bitching up a storm about things like off-centered tiles and bent plastic minis for far too long to get in a bind about any of it.

Seriously, though, the game is well-produced, especially at the current online price point and no one has noticed the off center tiles during play. It's just not a game where you stop to admire the tiles. You're too busy considering how to maximize points, living in the moment, zoning, flowing, all that.

Yes, the bag is too small. You can see the tiles in the bag if you look. Go buy some liquor. I suggest Crown Royal. It'll solve both "problems" at once. And you can throw the empty bottle at me later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the quality of the new edition and have no real problems... only that one or two of the Sun tiles are just not properly painted (it just looks like the black is already fading) and it's not only an issue of my copy (also it's the same with my Priests of Ra copy). But it's such a minor issue... I'm really happy to own both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jgong101 wrote:
The defect that is most apparent is the centering of the tiles.

It's not a problem at all. In order to balance the feng shui of the game, sit a little farther to the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgong101 wrote:
The whole point of me starting this thread is that I hope someone from Rio Grande games reads my post and changes the components in a future reprint.

Wouldn't it make a LOT more sense to contact Jay directly then, if that was the whole point of your thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.