Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say I am a little pissed off about the fact that some of the Unique Item cards in SotF refer to new characters in the Hero Pack, such as Jade. Below the belt marketing in my opinion. Surely it would have been better to include the Unique Items for new characters with the new characters and instead have other Unique Item cards for current characters in the SotF expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was always going to get the Hero Pack, anyway, so it's not a big deal to me, but I can understand your frustration with that. I'll agree with you to an extent, though all of those Unique Items do not require those Heroes to be used (if they did that would be a major no-no). And once expansion characters are out there, you should expect that new cards and pictures might make reference to them, whether you have those characters or not.

But I do think it might have been better if the Hero Pack included a few new Unique Items, the ones that refer to Jade and Victor, and some extra or different Unique Items came in the SOTF set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

The Unique Items deck also includes Items that have a special Bonus for Sam the Diner Cook and Rachelle, both from the Growing Hunger Expansion. These cards do NOT require those characters in any way, they just give an extra bonus if that character happens to have the item.

The idea of including just a couple of cards in the Hero Pack for a completely new deck (Unique Items) that players may or may not have, but certainly cannot use at all if they don't have Survival of the Fittest, would be much worse for the exact reasons you are giving here. They would be product that you literally cannot use without having the other expansion. As it stands, there is nothing to prevent base game Heroes from using and enjoying all of the Unique Items included in Survival of the Fittest. This is very much by design.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well fair point Jason. I was annoyed because I couldn't justify the extra cash for the Hero Pack, especially since I do like to get 'em all. First time I've been berated by the designer of a game. Big thumbs up for SotF though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Pack is a good purchase. You get 4 heroes + a scenario.

IMO, Zombies With Grave Weapons is a good purchase only if you're a completist. Everything you need for Grave Weapons comes in SOTF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well everything except the crawling zombie grave weapon... that only comes with the grave weapon pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.