Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Posner
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First play, so apologies if i'm missing something obvious, but we were confused about mountains.
We understand that you can't build a house on one, but can you build any other building? And if so, does it then count as both building and mountain for scoring/income purposes?
My other query may be more a review question. We found that by round four the constant changing of all the values of adjoining buildings every time anyone bought a plot or placed a building got a bit fiddly and slowed game momentum for us.
Any comments?

thnaks,

Howard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rumaley
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hposner wrote:
First play, so apologies if i'm missing something obvious, but we were confused about mountains.
We understand that you can't build a house on one, but can you build any other building?

Rules, page 4, bottom right wrote:
It is not allowed to build a building or a house on a mountain

hposner wrote:
My other query may be more a review question. We found that by round four the constant changing of all the values of adjoining buildings every time anyone bought a plot or placed a building got a bit fiddly and slowed game momentum for us.
Any comments?

It’s probably a good idea to double-check all the building payouts when you get to the Estate Income action space, so if it feels “too fiddly” during placement, just skip the real-time adjustments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't build a building on a mountain, but you can place a parcel on one. If you own a mountain only you get any bonuses from it.

Every time a player builds a building we rotate the affected tiles so their income is displayed at the top of the tiles. It is faster that way instead of calculating everything during the income phase. There's no faster way to do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
You can't build a building on a mountain, but you can place a parcel on one. If you own a mountain only you get any bonuses from it.

Note that a parcel with a mountain on it is also worth 2 VPs at game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horses for courses and all that but we found it quicker to just work out income when the time came each turn. Otherwise all the adjusting slowed us down too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.