Gettysburg» Forums » General

Subject: Cemetery!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Love Waterloo, and this looks interesting, but I hope the misspelling of Cemetery Hill and Cemetery Ridge has been caught before production!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'd like them to rotate it so that it faces the same as every other map of Gettysburg I've ever worked with. Just confusing as hell.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I can see why that was done... The Union player sits "behind" Cemetery Hill while the Confederate player sits "behind" Seminary Ridge.

Having the Yankees sit on the north end and the Rebels sit on the south end might create a lot of across the table bumping. Perhaps.

However, if play takes an odd shift both players might be out of position... and if the game doesn't allow play to take an odd shift then it would be less enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the same orientation as the Avalon Hill classic Gettysburg (125th Anniversary edition).

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'd like them to rotate it so that it faces the same as all but one map of Gettysburg I've ever worked with. Just confusing as hell.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bfletcher wrote:
Love Waterloo, and this looks interesting, but I hope the misspelling of Cemetery Hill and Cemetery Ridge has been caught before production!

Just got mine in the post. Unfortunately, the error has made it to the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.