Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think only a few of us knew about that auction as it was going on. Nobody else would have a way to gauge the activity that went on there.

I don't think creating threads here for offers to buy the game is exactly kosher. That's why I didn't want to post anything here when the auction was going. Just didn't seem right, especially when there's already a marketplace system in place to match up buyers and sellers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

Good to see you on here. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am still enjoying the game quite a bit. It even has a shelf all to itself. All my other board games are soooo jealous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man! I wished I'd caught this in time. I've been hoping to pick up another copy for a friend who's been wearing mine out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
Hi Michael,

Good to see you on here. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am still enjoying the game quite a bit. It even has a shelf all to itself. All my other board games are soooo jealous.

Wow, few games get their own shelves in my game room. Maybe Descent because of the box size... but no, it has to share with a couple of party games now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, my poor Descent sits at the bottom of the pile. It's the warrior of the lot and has to hold the weight of the others. A tough beast it is. I've been thinking about trading it away of late though, as I don't get it played much. I don't know what the others will do. Oh the anarchy. I do know that Capes & Cowls will sit there with a smirk on it's face while sitting in his comfy home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Kestril wrote:
loquitur wrote:
Really? I'm subscribed and I received nothing.
By the way, I really like the subscribe feature!

Just make sure you have "items for sale" checked correctly in the subscriptions preferences.

Way to decrease my chances at scoring the next copy of this game ....

Ha, I was thinking the same thing for everyone who's looking for copy.
I wouldn't buy a copy that went up for sale, but I'm just curious to see any updates about this game.

Now that everyone knows the secret of sale notifications it will be a scramble on who buys it first!

Of course the next copy will probably be listed at $500.

I am almost sure that I would sell my copy for $490 if the buyer would pay shipping. Now lets see... which emoticon should I use? How about this one - arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just skimming through this thread again and realized I never was explicit on my tip. If you want to buy this game, then check the Want to Buy box. That's exactly how Bill got my copy. I clicked on Users Wanting, went through those who Want To Buy, and the rest is history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'll mourn over the marble steps, Junkies of the world lay across the monuments, I climb and blister on the mount, Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out
mbmbmbmb
Did anyone buy the custom figures that were for sale in the marketplace?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have all the overly-obsessed already gotten a copy? That 150 Euro copy in the marketplace has been hanging out for some time.

Of course, that is $190 U.S. dollars. From someone who has never sold in the marketplace before. And only has one game listed as owned (C&C), and only one game rated (C&C).

It's crazy that there is a copy in France. I called or emailed every game and comic shop in Georgia I could find (where the game was printed) and maybe one or two had even heard of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I bought it, actually. The user then declined my purchase, claiming that his wife had refused to let him sell it. The listing hasn't been removed, and I have 'Geekmailed the user a few times now, asking whether the copy is for sale or if he will remove it from the marketplace. So far, no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'll mourn over the marble steps, Junkies of the world lay across the monuments, I climb and blister on the mount, Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out
mbmbmbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
I bought it, actually. The user then declined my purchase, claiming that his wife had refused to let him sell it.

I laughed reading that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Bobloblah wrote:
I bought it, actually. The user then declined my purchase, claiming that his wife had refused to let him sell it.

I laughed reading that.

The fact that my anguish is a source of amusement for others will keep me warm on the cold, dark nights without Capes & Cowls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
laugh
Oops - didn't mean to quote the part about you buying the game!
You not getting the game does completely blow. Sorry you weren't able to buy or re-contact the seller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
laugh
Oops - didn't mean to quote the part about you buying the game!
You not getting the game does completely blow. Sorry you weren't able to buy or re-contact the seller.

No worries! I posted that here because I think it's hilarious. The idea that I would spend my nights wailing and gnashing my teeth over it even more so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.