John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Memoir'44 is completely nebulous when it comes to scale. Much of the time it's an operational scale battle tactically played out. Look at the Market Garden Overlord map. Each hex is 3 miles across, yet it plays as if it were the same scale as Panzer Command. One hex = 500 yards, Units are companies and batteries. So regardless of the history of scenario, I always think in roughly Panzer Command scale. The scale is too big to make facing rules necessary and yet I wanted to show some broad brush differences besides Regular, Elite and Tiger vehicles.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of A&A Miniatures for Infantry and Artillery and 1/144 scale World Tank Museum and Classic Armor minis to use in this game. Over the last year or so, I've researched the history of the vehicles I bought and other tactical games to see how they treated different attributes of certain vehicles. And I play tested the rules. I'm pleased.

Really there are only 3 Rule changes. One page! I think one of those I suggested before and I stole that from Walt Mulder or BradyLS.

I know rongammer just uploaded his new house rules compilation. I've been influenced by those as well. I may have stolen something from him, too.

That said, there is another page of special units or attributes that could be assigned to existing units by Special Scenario Rules or whatever. Some of these I consolidated from existing scenarios or one of the expansions just to have in one place. One of these, Shoot and Scoot, for the M18 Hellcat sprung from the brilliant mind of Malcolm Green, aka Brummbar. Thumb his posts in appreciation.

Then there are six pages of photos of the minis with the attributes below them so one can print them out for reference.

Mostly I wanted to add a little chrome to the AFV stats.

EDIT And of course, after converting it to a pdf and posting it, I find a typo. I'll let you guys catch it.

EDIT 2 And of course, after converting it to a pdf and posting it, I find a photo caption screwed up by excel and a couple cock-eyed letters from the pdf conversion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well besides all the crappy editing I am sure we'll like it just fine... LOL

I liked your old house rules so I am sure these new ones will be an un-needed yet welcome improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the nod. Everything I post is for everyone to use. I just enjoy the game, and my additions are to allow for more accurate historical battles. I hope you like my house rules, and if you like house rules, look for my house rules to replace the (what I view as flawed) air pack rules under that expansion. I have more on my user page on the Days of Wonder site (oops, I mentioned another site, sorry BGG) under the name of 50th. I hope you like my rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
*BUMP*

They were finally approved and available. They have been blessed by the Pope of Memoir '44, Malcolm "Greenbear" Green. I appreciate his support even though I misidentified his iconic unit. Mostly I just wanted to create a set of generic attributes that could be assigned to my WTM and Classic Armor mini's that reflects the general differences between types.

Ron H, I hope you like my rules, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.