Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan S
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading the back of the box of the new edition of Republic of Rome at my FLGS the other day and the play time said 3-5 hours. I see the play time listed here as five hours. What are people finding the playtime to be with the new edition of Republic of Rome? I might have a hard time getting my gaming group to play a five hour game, but if it can be a 3-4 hour game I think it's something we might play from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoTeamVenture wrote:
I was reading the back of the box of the new edition of Republic of Rome at my FLGS the other day and the play time said 3-5 hours. I see the play time listed here as five hours. What are people finding the playtime to be with the new edition of Republic of Rome? I might have a hard time getting my gaming group to play a five hour game, but if it can be a 3-4 hour game I think it's something we might play from time to time.

Unless the Republic falls, 3-4 hours is unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd plan on at least 6 for the first game- it goes faster as you pick it up, but you'll want to take the first couple of turns slowly. Once everyone understands how to do their revenue and run the forum phase it moves along pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone tried to shorten the deck to reduce play time? Or when rolling "7" you discard a card in addition to use the event table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.