Subject: FFP when the offical word rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will someone at FFP give us an update on a possible release date, and/or any other news about this good game....PLEASE With sugar on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Unfortunately, due to a lot of different reasons, IFOS has been re-scheduled for a Fall release. You can expect to start seeing more details for it around the time of the GAMA Tradeshow this March. That is when we will be showing off a lot of stuff for the first time and should be releasing a lot more info and images.

That gives you a little more time to prepare for the Invasion

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at Gama and was able to see the board, hero cards, artwork and received a great explanation of the game play.

I can say that we will not be disappointed. I'm really excited to get this when it comes out.

I was told the release would be at Gen Con or at least that is the plan for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other info/photos you could share with us please?

Does it play just like LNoE or are there differences? Were there any miniatures there to see? If so, how did they do the Martians?

Thanks for letting us know that it looks great. Hopefully we see a release sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awwwww you lucky devil Ryan. I'm hanging out to see more of this, as are most of the FFP fans on here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion has a similair look to LNOE and ATOE with the photographic art work. In fact Invasion can be mixed with LNOE.

The premise of Invasion is that Aliens are coming to Eath but when they arrive they happen to fall onto a traveling carnival. So you have the Carnival Heroes versus the the Martians. Carnival Heroes include a Fire Breather, Strongman or Jo Jo the Dancing Bear and 5 other heroes versus the Martian Soldiers and perhaps the dreaded Zard Beast. The cool thing I like about this game is that the Martian player has more tactical moves with his Martians, they are not mindless Zombies lumbering towards the Heroes, they are tactical soldiers so the heroes have more of a fight on their hands.

The production quality is amazing like all of Flying Frogs other games.They did not have the minatures on hand but had photos of the sculpts and as I mentioned above you can mix this game with LNOE. i.e. heroes from Woodinvale versus Martians or Carnival Heroes versus Zombies. The game comes with a soundtrack like LNOE and has the cool 50's-60's Alien music to fit the theme.

Projected release date I was told would be at Gen Con in August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hulme
United States
North Chili
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a really hard time just sitting still reading about this. I did see a picture of some of the set up and it looked like several heroes (The strongman and the bear) have three wounds.

Would this mean that students from LNoE have no chance against the Martian invasion?

I just can't wait. I would ask for more pictures and news on this game but I fear I'd explode before it was released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is an instabuy from me, especially since it can be incorporated into LNOE. The way I look at it it's like 8 games in one with all the variants and replayability it offers.

I'm really intrigued about the Zombie vs Hero vs Martian gametype that's been mentioned. Sounds like a nice way to get the game size up to 8 players (2 zombies, 2 martians, and 4 heroes). I know that when I break LNOE out I usually have many people clamoring to play.

I'm very excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After initial excitement, I was very disappointed to learn that the game would be Martians-vs-carnies. Just not a big carnival/circus fan.

The word that the game is playable Martians-vs-townies sheds a whole new light on purchasing. This is very good news.

Even better news would be the announcement that a Police/National Guard-vs-zombies/Martians expansion is next.

That would seal the deal, without a doubt.

Though I'd still really love to see "Zombies: The Volunteer Fire Department Expansion." Vollies vs. zombies or Martians. "Hey dead guy, meet my K12!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hulme
United States
North Chili
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btizo wrote:
I know that when I break LNOE out I usually have many people clamoring to play.

You could say they become almost Zombie-like when it's busted out! zombie

Barry Kendall wrote:

Even better news would be the announcement that a Police/National Guard-vs-zombies/Martians expansion is next.

They're saving the national guard for the Monster game where giant misunderstood monsters fight back against the violent aggressive military forces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

I'm new to the FFP fan group, I bought AToE a few months back and immediately got LNoE just a week or so ago when the re-release hit. I'm a huge fanboy now, and I'm eagerly awaiting IfOS!

I was replying to see if the FFP group was going to be a GenCon Indy this year? I plan to attend and I am extremely excited to see your booth, particularly if there will be information regarding IfOS. I wouldn't mind seeing "Jenny" or "Valeria" also... :zombie:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying Frog will be at Gen Con Indy this year. There's a page on the Official Flying Frog Wiki that is updated with guests being added to the roster and news about Flying Frog at the Convention. Here's the link:

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Gen_Con_In...

We hope to see you at the show!

Thanks,
Scott

Flying Frog Productions, LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited! I'll see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cursed by my geographic location! cry
I've got high hopes of making a US trip one day and I'm going to make sure it coincides with Gen-Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.