BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I swear, I'm only 27. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Last night, around 9 pm, I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of crocheting my lacy pot holders. They're doily-like.
Today, my spinal arthritis is really hurting me and I had a rough day at work, so I'm relaxing with a cup of tea and a few delicate cookies. I'm also listening to Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass.

I'll be young and hip next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get off my lawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that dog years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take good care of yourself ZZ. Life is harder as you approach 30. I pinched both sides of my sciatic nerve when I was your age and lived in pain and limited mobility--while still working and driving--for 3 years.

It flares up every now and then and it is something I have to be cognizant of and be careful with for the rest of my life.

Pamper yourself and your back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are perks however. The world is ruled by short, college drop out, 30 year old middle managers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
I'm also listening to Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass.

This is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
zorazen wrote:
I'm also listening to Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass.

Good, good, but this is better:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Louis Armstrong's version of Skokiaan. Not the least of which is because it's got lyrics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Last night, around 9 pm, I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of crocheting my lacy pot holders. They're doily-like.
Today, my spinal arthritis is really hurting me and I had a rough day at work, so I'm relaxing with a cup of tea and a few delicate cookies. I'm also listening to Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass.

I'll be young and hip next week.

We all get caught like this every so often.

Last week one of my school friends and his wife came over for a meal, and he and I spent over an hour in the garden, discussing the merits of various kinds of veges. Eventually his wife came out to tell "the pair of old men to stop talking about our gardens, and come in and eat dinner."

I'm only 34, but I felt older when she said it like that.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait until you hit 40 and then REALLY start to fall apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
“It’s raining tacos, from out of the sky. Tacos, no need to ask why. Just open your mouth and close your eyes: It’s raining tacos!”
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm over 50 and I want all you whipper-snappers to stop talking about your aches and pains and GET OFF MY LAWN!

I can't hear my Andy Williams and Perry Como records on my stereophonic Hi-Fi over your incessant chatter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:

Nah, I was a lot smarter in my 30s than in my 20s. 40-year-old me was in ten times the shape 30-year-old me was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:

Nah, I was a lot smarter in my 30s than in my 20s. 40-year-old me was in ten times the shape 30-year-old me was.

"Old School" Rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
I pinched both sides of my sciatic nerve when I was your age and lived in pain and limited mobility--while still working and driving--for 3 years.

You were driving for three years? You must have gone a really long way.

(Not to make light of you being in pain, I might add - I hope you're recovered now)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.