Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I haven't picked up any of the new WH40K books. No game stores nearby and GW jealously guards all the WH40K info it can so you are FORCED to pay $60 for a copy of a new rule book. God knows they change the rules often enough... gripe gripe gripe. Whatever.

So, I just need one question answered.

How far can a Space Marine move. I'm talking base rate movement. No charge, no flight, not teleporting. Just the base movement value of a Space Marine.

Another BGgeek gave me an idea for an adaptation of WH40K and this is the only piece of info I can't dig up.

If someone would like to hook me up with the movement rates for the other races, it would help greatly.

Thanks.

Yes, I have a WH40K badge. It's a Rogue Trader badge. I don't have the cash to drop on new WH40K books. But if I did, you know I would.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pavo6503 wrote:
How far can a Space Marine move. I'm talking base rate movement. No charge, no flight, not teleporting. Just the base movement value of a Space Marine.

Six inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morgan
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
everyone moves 6 inches its standardized now.

p.s. some really bad people go find downloads of the book ninja

I think that's wrong to do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone has the same move rating, I may have to go with the Rogue Trader rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered using 2nd edition 40k as the basis for your project? The rules are more streamlined than Rogue Trader but they are not as dumbed down and 3rd - 5th edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I'm really using from RT are the stats to generate figure attack, defense, initiative and move scores. I'm using the Final Fantasy Tactics combat system for the basis of my rules and terrain.

It's a hybrid of chess, FFT and WH40K. Mostly to kill some time while I'm laid off, but I'll publish the rules once they're finished so everyone can take a look.

The goal is to remove as much dice rolling as possible and to make the game reward good moves more than blind luck. Another geek was bemoaning the amount of dice rolling in 40K and it gave me an idea.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:
Have you considered using 2nd edition 40k as the basis for your project? The rules are more streamlined than Rogue Trader but they are not as dumbed down and 3rd - 5th edition.

I second that, although I don't know 5th edition rules...

We still play WH40K using 2nd ed. rules, and I find it still to be fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.