paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im a little surprised that this game which has outstanding production qualities (one of the best produced games ever)and very favorable game mechanics (the reviews are excellent) is not generating more buzz at this time. Look at some of the crap on the hotness list and it makes you wonder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's widely available yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garyp
Australia
Berry
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly because it is not yet widely available maybe. It is scheduled to be available here in Oz in the next couple of days which menas in the next few weeks anyway. I have downloaded the rules (bad format actually as the double page format is very wide and it is therefore difficult to scroll through them in a logical order) and they look good. The components are rated very highly so all good. I will get it asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 24 people claim to be "owners" and one of those has it up for trade.

Since some people mark that they own a game when it is not even produced yet, that means the 24 might be smaller still.

Not much splash in that number.

It also probably does not help that "Wars of the Roses" has been seen as a Jerry Taylor/Columbia game title for about 3 years now. While they sort of changed their title to "Richard III," and this game extends the length of the title, it still adds up to some additional fuzzy.

Besides, the first "what's in the box" reference is just 2 weeks ago. Why are you so concerned/outraged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im far from outraged. Just a bit surprised. Consider games such as Summoner Wars and Stronghold which are good games that received much more initial buzz than War of Roses. i would have thought that roses had wider appeal. BTW Richard the 3rd is basically a straight up war game and not really comparable to the euro format of roses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
brandoncorgi wrote:
BTW Richard the 3rd is basically a straight up war game and not really comparable to the euro format of roses.
BTW, that was his point. Confusion over naming has probably kept people from checking this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What confusion? we are talking z-man versus columbia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Shaper
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I will not get into the "confusion" debate. Seems you aren't really paying attention if your confused, which means it didn't generate a lot of buzz. Oh, wait....I entered. If it's a Euro
then I'm concerned it doesn't tackle the subject matter. "WAR"
of the roses. Treachery, backstabbing, murder and battles. If it's a worker placement with a fake theme then there will not be much buzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.