Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Obama fails in tax plane attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
Has Obama failed in his duty by allowing the plane attack on the Texas tax office?

The Bush Admin showed itself willing to do whatever it takes to protect the American people from terrorist attacks such as this.

If Obama really is soft on terror we'll see it in his response to this.
He should make it impossible for such attacks to occur.
All US continental airspace should be continually patrolled by the airforce. And people like truck drivers and pilots should be subject to strict on-going security and stability checks.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.

Short of more background checks on all pilots, preventing any air traffic within 10 miles of a city, and installing AA guns on buildings, there's not much else that can be done to stop someone. There's no way, in the seconds that it took this guy to deviate from his flight path, that jets could be scrambled fast enough to intercept him.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we could attack some severely tangential fundamentalist white people on the other side of the globe in an effort to appear to be doing something.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Has Obama failed in his duty by allowing the plane attack on the Texas tax office?

The Bush Admin showed itself willing to do whatever it takes to protect the American people from terrorist attacks such as this.

If Obama really is soft on terror we'll see it in his response to this.
He should make it impossible for such attacks to occur.
All US continental airspace should be continually patrolled by the airforce. And people like truck drivers and pilots should be subject to strict on-going security and stability checks.


Well.. I definitely think it shows that we should be profiling white, middle age men who are on the grumpy side. How was this guy allowed to fly at all?
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
gilby123 wrote:
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.

Short of more background checks on all pilots, preventing any air traffic within 10 miles of a city, and installing AA guns on buildings, there's not much else that can be done to stop someone. There's no way, in the seconds that it took this guy to deviate from his flight path, that jets could be scrambled fast enough to intercept him.



That's why we need the FAA to require self-destruct mechanisms in all civilian aircraft. Deviating from your flight plan? The air traffic controllers hit the panic button and BOOM, you're toast.





Great idea. Heck, we should have the same in Toyota cars lately.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
LeeDambis wrote:
gilby123 wrote:
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.

Short of more background checks on all pilots, preventing any air traffic within 10 miles of a city, and installing AA guns on buildings, there's not much else that can be done to stop someone. There's no way, in the seconds that it took this guy to deviate from his flight path, that jets could be scrambled fast enough to intercept him.



That's why we need the FAA to require self-destruct mechanisms in all civilian aircraft. Deviating from your flight plan? The air traffic controllers hit the panic button and BOOM, you're toast.

;)


But what if the terrorist is in the control tower?
Hey! Then what smarty pants?

Should we give the pilots a BooM! button too so they can pre-empt control tower attacks?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
gilby123 wrote:
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.
.....

Farcical!!!
Why would I be farcical about this!!!!
You need to get a sense of perspective if you have any doubts about me being farcical about this!!!!!!

Security at any price is my motto.
And don't start talking about trade-offs either.
We should trust the government absolutely.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
Be careful - I think government spending already accounts for over 40% of the US economy.
We don't want a socialism happening and all your Air Marshals will push things that way.
EDIT: Ooops - that might look like I don't trust the government not to make itself bigger and bigger.
So if if your idea is really the safest way to go then lets do it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
Pinook wrote:
gilby123 wrote:
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.
.....

Farcical!!!
Why would I be farcical about this!!!!
You need to get a sense of perspective if you have any doubts about me being farcical about this!!!!!!

Security at any price is my motto.
And don't start talking about trade-offs either.
We should trust the government absolutely.
Take it easy with irony and sarcasm here; there are more literalists in RSP than mosquitoes in Africa.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
gilby123 wrote:

Short of more background checks on all pilots, preventing any air traffic within 10 miles of a city, and installing AA guns on buildings,...

These are good suggestions.
I'm getting concerned about people putting bombs in the boot of their cars though.

Perhaps something like the Baghdad Greenzone in every American town or city would work?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:

The Bushies were right when they said that it's better to kill the terrorist over there before he can get here. What happens, though, when disgruntled Americans realize that terrorism is an effective form of political pressure? God help us.


The problem is identifying said terrorist over there: It's not just a lot harder, but it makes it a lot easier for terrorism to find sympathizers that later become terrorists.

Terrorism is a matter for intelligence services and the police.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Mondainai wrote:
Pinook wrote:
Farcical!!!
Why would I be farcical about this!!!!
You need to get a sense of perspective if you have any doubts about me being farcical about this!!!!!!

Security at any price is my motto.
And don't start talking about trade-offs either.
We should trust the government absolutely.


Take it easy with irony and sarcasm here; there are more literalists in RSP than mosquitoes in Africa.


Completely false. RSP has about three dozen semi-regulars and maybe twice that many lurkers. Whereas there are billions of live mosquitoes in Africa at any one moment.
33 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:


Quote:
Take it easy with irony and sarcasm here; there are more literalists in RSP than mosquitoes in Africa.


Completely false. RSP has about three dozen semi-regulars and maybe twice that many lurkers. Whereas there are billions of live mosquitoes in Africa at any one moment.


I see what you did there.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
gilby123 wrote:
I sincerely hope you're being farcical here.
.....

Farcical!!!
Why would I be farcical about this!!!!
You need to get a sense of perspective if you have any doubts about me being farcical about this!!!!!!

Security at any price is my motto.
And don't start talking about trade-offs either.
We should trust the government absolutely.


Whenever I see your posts I always think that you are writing poetry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
The J wrote:
... You only make yourself sound like the birth certificate groups.

I'm in training for the 2012 Stupid Olympics.
I thought I had the Gold all but wrapped up. The licensing agreements and franchise appearances were rolling in. My agent was getting me positioned to replace Tiger Woods, my private accountant was overworked.
But then DC Anderson started to develop.
And Chiddler's doing Theology!!

Well I got worried man! I could feel it all slipping away - the stupid chicks, the drugs, the watching TV - all wasted time, my dreams going up in smoke
But if you rate this stuff at the "birther" level then - wow - thats a great psychological boost. And I just bet DC and Chiddler aren't feeling quite so HOT now. (Looosers!)

Seriously though, I'm making fun of us monkey relatives and our ill considered, emotional driven responses to apparent dangers.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taylor
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Obama really could have done anything here, since he wasn't part of a group that needed to communicate. That makes for very little evidence of a plan.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Britten
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gilby123 wrote:
installing AA guns on buildings


That's actually not a bad idea for major public buildings. The White house is rumoured to have them already as far as I know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.