Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a few years since I played Ticket to Ride, so I can't really remember if there is a lot of text printed on cards or other stuff. I would like to know if it would make any difference at all if I'd buy the English or the German version, what do you think?! I try to keep my game collection accessible to English speaking people as well. Does this game have any words printed at all on the essential items, or is it all just graphics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only texts I can remember that are actually printed on the cards are the name of the destinations. But as there are also small dots on the destination cards where the destination is actually located on the gamemap, it is hardly an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference is the rules-booklet (but you can download the rules in other languages from DoW). The cards that do have text on them (longest route) have the text in different languages on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
La Grosse Boite
France
La Rochelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As the Language Dependence poll shows for that game entry: "No necessary in-game text".
I personally own the german edition and don't speak a word of german, not a bother if you have the rule book in your language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
^ Exactly.

Only the box and rulebook are language-dependent. City names are written in the same way regardless of the version (e.g. it's New Orleans in the French version too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.