Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of Tikal in a trade on eBay. I am missing 2 treasure tokens, so I only have the 22. Is this a problem? Will it affect game play?

I also, I believe I have extra camps. Assuming these wooden triangle pieces are camps, I have 4 red, 4 orange, 2 black and 2 wood colored ones. Is this right, or do I have more than I'm supposed to?

I appreciate any responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DraperyFalls wrote:
I just got a copy of Tikal in a trade on eBay. I am missing 2 treasure tokens, so I only have the 22. Is this a problem? Will it affect game play?

I also, I believe I have extra camps. Assuming these wooden triangle pieces are camps, I have 4 red, 4 orange, 2 black and 2 wood colored ones. Is this right, or do I have more than I'm supposed to?

I appreciate any responses!

Missing the Treasure tokens means that two of the sets (assuming here that you are missing two dissimilar tokens) will only be worth three points and have no potential for six points. Also, the last treasure hex that is placed will have no treasures assigned to it.

You have extra red and orange camps - two of each is all that is necessary.

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You score points based on the number of matching treasures. The game isn't unplayable but 1 or 2 treasures will be permanently worth less. I would contact RGG and see if they can replace them. Since you got it in a trade, they *might* not replace them for free.

You should only have 2 tents per color. The rest just set aside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for your responses! I'm missing one gold and turquoise statue token and one wooden statue token. I'm going to contact the seller and see if he has them. It's the Ravensburger edition of the game, so I won't be able to get replacements. Does anyone know if the pieces are similar enough between the Ravensburger edition and the RGG edition to try and seek replacements from RGG?

Thanks again for your responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would assume they are the same. RGG doesn't typically produce their own games from scratch and instead piggy-backs off the original publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I'll contact them and let them know the situation. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Failing that I'd say you may be able to fabricate some decent replacement chips using chipboard and laser printed lables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can also look at the Statistics -> "Parts for trade," one of the lesser known resources of BGG - here it is for Tikal

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/54?h...

I see at least one user with treasures for the Ravensberger edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.