Hide
6 Posts

Monopoly Deal Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Situations not covered by the standard rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel de Klerk
msg tools
I submitted the 2 questions to Hasbro but maybe they don't know the answer because for 10 days no answer from them . Maybe you can help me .

Question 1:
When it is your turn to play , how does it work :
Play your first card - birthday .
Second card - debt collector for player 2.
Third card - brown rent on your full set + house .

Do the opponents pay the total sum only when added at the end of your play or do they pay per transaction or card played as you play each card ?

I played the hand as above and demanded "birthday" from everybody . Player 2 only had 2 full property sets and a M10m card . I then took his money and put it on my bank pile .

I played my "debt collector" on player 2 and he had to pay me with a properties - 2 from one set and one from the other set to try and prevent me from getting a full set from him .

I played my third card and demanded rent (2 colour rent) for a full set plus house on brown property from everybody . This forced player 2 to give me all the remaining properties to pay the rent .

Obviously I declared a win after that with 3 full sets .

Then the argument came up that if he could pay only at the end of my turn he could easily cover the cost with his money . I said that it is tactical play and according to the rules as I understand it .

Question 2 .

Say for instance I have a property set with 2 green properties and a multicolour wildcard which is a full set . I lost all my money and properties already and must pay rent with this green properties . Can I hold back the multicolour wildcard because it has no monetary value or not . I understand it if you play a "deal breaker" and get the full set but payment to me is only monetary value .

Thank you very much.
Daniel R de Klerk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Hung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your interpretations are correct for both questions, i.e., your opponent pays per transaction or card played as you play each card; you can keep the wild card which has no value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel de Klerk
msg tools
Thanks a lot . Another one that came up last night at play:

Player 1 is playing a DealBreaker to player 2 .
Player 2 has no Just Say No .
Can player 3 play his Just Say No to prevent player 1 from winning?

The card reads "against you" but if he stands a chance to win "you" to me is actually any and all players .

We ruled it as not a legal move according to the rules because of that phrase but would like some more opinions on it .
Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel de Klerk
msg tools
I know the same question was asked in the previous thread but I cannot shake understand the answer as given . Me stupid ?

Quote:
Response from Hasbro:
"Thanks for your email about the Monopoly Deal game.

You answers you found are correct.

Yes. And the other player could play another Just Say No card to yours if they wanted to. Just Say No cards are separate and can be used at any time to refuse an Action card.

Happy gaming."

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Hung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion: No, you can't play the "say no" card to cancel the card another player A played against some other player B. In your case, Player 2 played "say no" card against Player 1 to cancel Player 1's dealbreaker card, so only Player 1 can play "say no" card to cancel Player 2's "say no" card.

Just my opinion. Hope it's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel de Klerk
msg tools
Thanks . Will post here once Hasbro decides to respond to my mails soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.