J Lee
msg tools
Hello there.Pls check my questions below:
1.A question about Apollo's talent "Alert Viper Pilot":
If he chooses to pilot the viper just placed,does he still get the movement step?Or he could just jump into the Viper and fire a shot?
Could he use this talent when he's in the Sickbay?If yes, how many skill cards will he draw when his turn comes?
2.About the Hanger Deck:
If I move to the Hanger Deck and launch a viper, could I move one more time and fire?Or I just can fire a shot without moving anymore during the same turn?
3.About a revealed Cylon player:
He has no "activate Cylon ship" step, how about the "activate" instruction on the Cylon Attack Cards?Does he need to follow it?
4.Is this game a little bit too HARD for the Humans?What's the best way to recover Population?Should newbies try the "easier for Humans" rules?

That's all at the moment. Thanks in advance for y'all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apollo would get an action, which would be either a move in the Viper, an attack or some other action he could take. If he moves then he can't do anything else.

He starts the game in a Viper, so he could not use the ability because he needs to be on Galactica to use it.

He can use the ability from Sick Bay. If he is not in Sick Bay at the start of his turn he draws his full allowance of cards.

If you launch from the Hangar, you get an action, which could be 1 of the options mentioned for Apollo above.

The activate instruction on a Cylon attack card must be followed. (note this is not part of the activate Cylon ships step)

It is had for the humans at first. It is next to impossible to recover population (except for 1 or maybe 2 crisis cards). I would suggest trying with the normal rules and see how things go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lee
msg tools
Thanks very much.
I forget that Apollo starts his game in a viper...what a stupid question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
codej125 wrote:
Hello there.Pls check my questions below:
1.A question about Apollo's talent "Alert Viper Pilot":
If he chooses to pilot the viper just placed,does he still get the movement step?Or he could just jump into the Viper and fire a shot?

Apollo does not get a turn if he uses his AVP ability - he only gets an action. Therefore, there is no "movement step", but he can use his action to either move or fire a shot (or perform any other action ability).

codej125 wrote:
Could he use this talent in the very beginning of the game?

When do you mean? Do you mean when the first ships are put on the board during setup? Apollo starts the game piloting a viper anyway, so this question is moot.

codej125 wrote:
Could he use this talent when he's in the Sickbay?If yes, how many skill cards will he draw when his turn comes?

Yes, he can use it while in Sickbay and will draw his full compliment of cards at the start of his next turn.

codej125 wrote:
2.About the Hanger Deck:
If I move to the Hanger Deck and launch a viper, could I move one more time and fire?Or I just can fire a shot without moving anymore during the same turn?

While you are piloting a viper, you can use an action to perform one of two default actions:

1) Move the viper one sector.
2) Attack with the viper.

(You can also, of course, perform any other action ability).

So the free action you receive from the Hangar Bay can be used to do either of these two things (but not both).

codej125 wrote:
3.About a revealed Cylon player:
He has no "activate Cylon ship" step, how about the "activate" instruction on the Cylon Attack Cards?Does he need to follow it?

Yes - that "activate" icon is not part of the "activate Cylon ships" step.

codej125 wrote:
4.Is this game a little bit too HARD for the Humans?What's the best way to recover Population?Should newbies try the "easier for Humans" rules?

The game is purposefully more difficult for the humans. However, it should become much easier with experience, until the point comes where the humans are winning the majority of the games. If you want to make it easier for the humans, I would say increase all resources by only 1, not 2 as recommended in the rulebook, as 2 would make the game almost impossible to lose for the humans.

In the base game there is only one card that allows you to regain a single point of population: a crisis card called "Rescue Caprica Survivors". There is no other way to regain population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If he chooses to pilot the viper just placed,does he still get the movement step? Or he could just jump into the Viper and fire a shot?"

Again, when you launch from hanger deck, you get ONE ACTION, which could be move, fire, or play a card, if you're admiral you can launch a nuke, if your president you can play a Quarum card or draw a quarum card.

"Could he use this talent in the very beginning of the game?"

No, he's already in a viper at the beginning of the game. He has to be somewhere on GALACTICA (not in a viper, not on colonial 1) to use his ability.

"Could he use this talent when he's in the Sickbay?If yes, how many skill cards will he draw when his turn comes?"

Yes, he would draw his regular complement of cards if he starts his turn outside of sick bay. Just like if he were XO'd out of sick bay.

"If I move to the Hanger Deck and launch a viper, could I move one more time and fire?Or I just can fire a shot without moving anymore during the same turn?"

Again, when you launch from hanger deck, you get ONE ACTION, which could be move, fire, or play a card, if you're admiral you can launch a nuke, if your president you can play a Quarum card or draw a quarum card. This is the case for ANY pilot, not just Apollo.

"He has no "activate Cylon ship" step, how about the "activate" instruction on the Cylon Attack Cards?Does he need to follow it?"

There is a CYLON location that a Cylon player can use to activate portions of the Cylon fleet. The Cylon player isn't the one who activates the fleet on Cylon Attack Cards. The GAME activates the fleet, so yes it must be followed.

"Is this game a little bit too HARD for the Humans?What's the best way to recover Population? Should newbies try the "easier for Humans" rules?"

There are very few ways to recover population. I know of one crisis card. Fuel and pop are much harder to recover than food and morale. Newbies should try the game using the standard rules. Hopefully they can play with someone who has played before. Perhaps the only rule I'd "change" would be the Sympathizer rule for 4 or 6 players. Go with the official variant from FFG.

Wow, ninja'd a bunch of times here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lee
msg tools
Thanks man.
I just erased that moot question but you're still a bit faster than me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

When do you mean? Do you mean when the first ships are put on the board during setup? Apollo starts the game piloting a viper anyway, so this question is moot.

Not really, you could use it for a free action before the game even starts if that was the case.

As others have pointed out though, he needs to be on Galactica to use it anyway, so it's still moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

Not really, you could use it for a free action before the game even starts if that was the case.

Except Apollo isn't on Galactica at the beginning of the game so he can't use it.

edit: NUTZ! ninja'd again!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathInc wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

Except Apollo isn't on Galactica at the beginning of the game so he can't use it.

edit: NUTZ! ninja'd again!!

Gotta type faster, dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.