True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so Gamestorm is a little under 5 weeks away so I thought I'd starrt this thread so we can coordinate. For those of you who don't know what Gamestorm is, it's a large local con in the Portland, Oregon area. You can find registration information here: www.gamestorm.org

So, who's coming?
What games would you like to play?
What would you like to eat?
etc.

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off work so will be there March 25-28. My dad, my niece, and my nephew are all coming up and will be staying at my house.

There's a geeklist about what games you want to play here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50985/what-do-you-want...

Um, what else? I have a parking spot about 5 blocks away and will be using that Thursday and Friday. There's free parking on weekends but not on the weekdays. I know the restaurants in the area pretty well as I work about 5 blocks away from where the con is.

So, synchronize swatches and let's go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
OK, so Gamestorm is a little under 5 weeks away so I thought I'd starrt this thread so we can coordinate. For those of you who don't know what Gamestorm is, it's a large local con in the Portland, Oregon area. You can find registration information here: www.gamestorm.org

So, who's coming?
What games would you like to play?
What would you like to eat?
etc.

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off work so will be there March 25-28. My dad, my niece, and my nephew are all coming up and will be staying at my house. Kevin (dysjunct) is doing the same.

Lynette(meerkat) and Jarred(jarredscott78) are also planning on attending. I haven't heard confirmation from anyone else yet.

There's a geeklist about what games you want to play here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50985/what-do-you-want...

There's a geeklist for requests to put in the local math trade here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52189/gamestorm-2010-m...

Um, what else? I have a parking spot about 5 blocks away and will be using that Thursday and Friday. There's free parking on weekends but not on the weekdays. I know the restaurants in the area pretty well as I work about 5 blocks away from where the con is.

So, synchronize swatches and let's go!

I'll be there. I'm coming with a friend (Dave Brallier), who I don't believe has ever had the misfortune of participating in RSP. He's an easy-going guy, though, so I'm sure he'd be up for an RSP game of something, provided it is short to mid-length. We played AoR last time and regretted that it took 9 hours (which amounted to like 1/4 of our entire convention time).

Edit: Which reminds me, I still need to register!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
I'll be there. I'm coming with a friend (Dave Brallier), who I don't believe has ever had the misfortune of participating in RSP. He's an easy-going guy, though, so I'm sure he'd be up for an RSP game of something, provided it is short to mid-length. We played AoR last time and regretted that it took 9 hours (which amounted to like 1/4 of our entire convention time).

Cool! Are you planning on going all 4 days?

Oh, also: everyone feel free to check my games owned and ask me to bring them if you want to play them. And if I don't own it, ask anyway because I might be able to persuade my friend Walt to bring it and he has about four times as many games as me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be there Friday/Saturday, all day. Thursday is out, because it's my wife's spring break, and we won't be back from our road trip till Thursday. There's a possibility of something Thursday night, but I won't know until I find out how exhausted I am from the trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
The games I'm specifically looking to play are as follows, roughly in BGG wishlist order:

Full Metal Planet
Small World
Tempus
Entdecker: Exploring New Horizons
Hey! That's My Fish!
San Marco
Mystery of the Abby
H2olland
Chinatown
Container
Keythedral
Things...
Fury of Dracula
Duel of Ages Set 1
Goldland
Medina
Brass
Colosseum
Chicago Express
On the Underground
Big City
Dos Rios
Tom Tube
Goldbraeu
Around the World in 80 Days
McMulti
Gheos
Meuterer
Verraeter

More games from browsing the top 100 games just now:

Steam
Dungeon Lords
Space Alert
Tinner's Trail
Power Grid - Factory Manager
Dream Factory
Snow Tails
Tobago
Factory Fun
Fairy Tale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Eric's list, I'd like to play these games:

San Marco - have played several times, willing to teach, three players only.
Mystery of the Abby - have played several times, willing to teach
Container - haven't played, need to learn
Fury of Dracula - haven't played, need to learn
Brass - played once, will need a refresher
Chicago Express - haven't played, need to learn
On the Underground - have played several times, willing to teach
Steam - played once, will need a refresher
Dungeon Lords - haven't played, need to learn
Power Grid - Factory Manager - haven't played, need to learn
Snow Tails - haven't played, need to learn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarred, do you know yet which days you'll be there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Jarred, do you know yet which days you'll be there?

Probably all days. I don't have the vacation requested yet but I should get it.

EDIT: If it includes Monday I won't be there that day. Thursday through Sunday probably. I will most likely come down Wednesday night after work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

I will be there from Thursday through Monday. My group always stays an extra night so we can play to the very last minute... we are often still playing Sunday until after dinner time.

As is now my pattern and almost duty... I will be running a Power Grid and Industrial Waste block probably on Friday night. But I was looking for 2-4 hours of other things to run and I hadn't decided what yet.

However I do own Snow Tails. The original Fragor copy. So I can bring that. And if y'all are that interesting in learning I think I will run a couple of sessions of that over the weekend to round out my committed 8 hours of GM time. In addition to setting up an RSP game of it.

Though it seems to me since this is RSP bringing my copy of Antler Island would be much more "thematic". laugh

My friend Tim is willing to bring and run Freaky Friends as a Con ender but only if we can round up some extra girls to play. But if he brings it to run, I can borrow that for an RSP game as well. I think that would be hilarious to play with the 4 of you. But I am a sick and twisty girl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I am planning on attending. I'll be there at least on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know about Thursday and Friday since I just recently started a new job and I don't know if I want to burn 16 hours of paid time off so soon. I am attending church on Sunday at one of the local Vancouver or Portland LDS wards. Jared is coming with me. If anyone else is interested, I would love to invite any/all of you to come along. That might make for some interesting Rsp banter afterwards. I may have one or two teenage children with me. I don't know how that will work. I don't want to bore them silly while I am involved with other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
I am planning on attending. I'll be there at least on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know about Thursday and Friday since I just recently started a new job and I don't know if I want to burn 16 hours of paid time off so soon. I am attending church on Sunday at one of the local Vancouver or Portland LDS wards. Jared is coming with me. If anyone else is interested, I would love to invite any/all of you to come along. That might make for some interesting Rsp banter afterwards. I may have one or two teenage children with me. I don't know how that will work. I don't want to bore them silly while I am involved with other things.

I will think about coming with you Wray.

Though it is Lent and I tend to be more Catholic during lent AND they reserve a room on Sunday morning for an interdenominational Church service right at GameStorm. So that will be a tough choice.

However one of the things I have always loved about GameStorm as a "Con" was how accommodating it is to diversity. From LARPing to Church services... kids to old foggies... everybody is welcome at GameStorm if you love to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Marc... anybody dragging him along... with some of his beer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

I will be there from Thursday through Monday. My group always stays an extra night so we can play to the very last minute... we are often still playing Sunday until after dinner time.

As is now my pattern and almost duty... I will be running a Power Grid and Industrial Waste block probably on Friday night. But I was looking for 2-4 hours of other things to run and I hadn't decided what yet.

However I do own Snow Tails. The original Fragor copy. So I can bring that. And if y'all are that interesting in learning I think I will run a couple of sessions of that over the weekend to round out my committed 8 hours of GM time. In addition to setting up an RSP game of it.

Though it seems to me since this is RSP bringing my copy of Antler Island would be much more "thematic". laugh

My friend Tim is willing to bring and run Freaky Friends as a Con ender but only if we can round up some extra girls to play. But if he brings it to run, I can borrow that for an RSP game as well. I think that would be hilarious to play with the 4 of you. But I am a sick and twisty girl.

I'd be interested in Industrial Waste as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Er, sorry to do this, but I'm actually going to have to disconfirm.

I have some dear friends I haven't seen in years who are passing through town that weekend. I had to make a decision and the deciding factor was the fact that there's going to be a GameStorm 2011 that I can shoot for. Whereas I don't know the next time I'll have the opportunity to see my homeboy/girl.

I'm bummed, but you're all going to be there next year, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:

I have some dear friends I haven't seen in years who are passing through town that weekend. I had to make a decision and the deciding factor was the fact that there's going to be a GameStorm 2011 that I can shoot for. Whereas I don't know the next time I'll have the opportunity to see my homeboy/girl.

I hope so. I plan to meet you next year but for this year, have fun without us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:

Aww, that's too bad! I'll be there in 2011 if at all possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a-comin'.

I'll bring my copy of Dune, and I'm hoping to learn how to play Imperial.

Other than that, lord knows what'll happen (other than the obvious drinking).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
RSP at Gamestorm

R&P, no thank you. S, sure. I'll be sure to post my hotel room number when I arrive at the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
Quote:
RSP at Gamestorm

R&P, no thank you. S, sure. I'll be sure to post my hotel room number when I arrive at the con.

As long as I get a chance to trounce you at Through the Ages again... the R&P requirements will have been met!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drive down in Friday night Wray... we play until the wee hours of the morning.

Kevin.... cry and you even grew your beard out for me and everything....cry

But I do understand, I probably would have made the same choice.

Good news is... I am 90% likely to be at GameStorm next year if I am alive and living in the Northwest. I haven't missed one since I started attending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer... unless somebody else asks for it I am probably not going to bother to bring a bunch of Microbrews since Kevin cannot attend and Wray, Jon and Eric don't drink.

So if you want a 6 pack Jarred I will bring some for you but you can buy a lot of same Microbrews there in Seattle ... and if Marc is coming I will still try to get a growler of the award winning homebrew my co-worker's husband makes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Life is...complicated, lately (like for the past two years!). I'd sure like to come, and I'll float the idea with my wife. A considerable number of stars would have to align to make it happen, but it's remotely possible. Have a great time, regardless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

I'd be interested in Industrial Waste as well.

I will have it. It only plays 4 so you can sign up for it when I run it or we can set aside time to play it with other RSPers.

Because I love y'all... I strongly suggest you avoid my official Power Grid game though. I schedule if for a 4 hour block of time because it never seems to finish in less than 3 and sometimes it almost hits the 4. Which for faster players makes the game agony.

Though I would love to play a non-official game of that with y'all as well. In my gaming group Power Grid goes much faster, as do other pick-up games of it at GameStorm. It is just my Friday night game that seems to be cursed. LOL And it isn't me... one year I had to bow out at the last minute and I got somebody else to run it for me and it ran long for him too. A combination of half new players and half people with A&P tendencies I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
I'll bring my copy of Dune, and I'm hoping to learn how to play Imperial.

I'll play Dune and teach you Imperial!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Beer... unless somebody else asks for it I am probably not going to bother to bring a bunch of Microbrews since Kevin cannot attend and Wray, Jon and Eric don't drink.

So if you want a 6 pack Jarred I will bring some for you but you can buy a lot of same Microbrews there in Seattle ... and if Marc is coming I will still try to get a growler of the award winning homebrew my co-worker's husband makes.

Please don't bring beer for me. I'm picky and I drink a lot more than six during a long weekend! There are several great microbreweries in the Portland area that I will utilize while I'm there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.