Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
The Town Hall card says "When this is built, each player reveals any number of [card type] cards from his hand. The player revealing the most discards those cards and takes the next turn."

Should players reveal their cards simultaneously? Or in turn order like bidding during the Trade phase? How are ties resolved?

In our first game we played that they're revealed in turn order and bids must be progressively higher so as to avoid ties. But it'd be nice to get an official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question!

Bidding, beginning with the player who built the Town Hall, and continuing clockwise.

In the event of a tie, noone discards the revealed cards and the turn order continues as normal.

Initially, it was intended to be simutaneously, however, in playtesting, it ended up breaking down into a bidding situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Thanks John!

A couple more Town Hall questions came up during a play last night.

1) Who takes the turn after the Town Hall-given turn?

Player A plays the Town Hall.
Player D wins the bid and "takes the next turn"
Who goes after Player D? Is it Player A again because we just continue clockwise from the bid winner? Or is it Player B because the bid-won turn was a special turn inserted in between the normal turns of Player A and B?

2) What happens when Town Hall is played during the final round of turns?

Player A plays the 28th building. Each player gets one more turn.
Two turns later, Player C plays the Town Hall. Player B wins the bid.
Does player B get a turn for winning the bid? If so, does Player C get to go again too, because he's next in clockwise order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your questions!

To answer them:

Play continues clockwise from the player taking the next turn.

When the Town Hall is built during the final rounds, play continues until each player has received one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Another Town Hall question...

We were in a 2-player game and my opponent played a town hall and took the next turn. Drew another town hall and won again (since I could draw cards in between), then drew Sages' Tower and did it again.

Is this just bad luck? It seemed a little imbalanced as my opponent had 4 turns in a row (initial plus 3 extra), thus all but guaranteeing my defeat with the amount of points he was able to get. Even taking 1 extra turn is a huge advantage in this game, which makes the Town Hall extremely powerful.

I lost the game, by the way, he had 20 something while I ended with 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve,

Unfortunately, yes, that is perfectly legal. That is a really difficult situation to be in, but luckily, the odds of it happening are extremely low.

Always remember, if you or your play group don't like a certain card, you can always swap it out for another card from any of the expansions before the game starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.