Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Say my opponent finishes his scoring phase with five cards in hand. His hand limit is five cards. In the trade phase he offers a card (he now has four cards in hand). My bid of two is the winning bid.

Can I give him two cards even though that will force him to discard a card?

Or am I required instead to work around his hand limit? (ie: give him two points, or a card and a point.)

This has pretty big consequences for the trade phase.

Edited for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question.

Yes, the other player may bid two cards even if this would put the active player over his max hand size. The active player would just need to discard a card from his hand before taking the cards from the winning bidding player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the Trade phase?

I just got this game from SBG and my copy of the rules and the ones on their website don't mention a trade phase. Was it taken out of the rules or is it just a special building that triggers the phase?

I haven't played yet except to play a few rounds solo to get the hang of it, but I didn't want to teach it and find I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The trade phase was taken out. You have the most current copy of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, well for a second I thought I was losing my mind.. Or in the wrong forum

So taking it out?: Good thing or would I want to possibly add it back in after we get more experienced and have an idea of what the cards are worth? Did it impact play very much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found the trade phase to have only marginal impact, while adding a not-insignificant amount of time to each turn. If you like I can send you a copy of the trading section of the old rules so you can decide for yourself. Shoot me a geekmail if you want me to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.