Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game last night. It was a 4p game. It seemed like there just enough patricians. I.e. after the 5th round the patrician draw piles were empty. How does this work with 5p, since 1 more patrician is required every round? We guessed than maybe you recycles the patricians not chosen from previous rounds, if any, but the rules explicitly say unchosen patricians are out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 36 Patricians, but you only need 35 in a 5-player game: 7 tiles per round in 5 rounds.

In a 4-player game you only use 30 Patricians: 6 tiles x 5 rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I guess we must have inadvertently played six rounds. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just place a die on the starting player marker, and rotate it to the next highest number when we pass it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
We just place a die on the starting player marker, and rotate it to the next highest number when we pass it.

Or just count out the provinces ahead of time and put the un-needed ones back in the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or just count out the provinces ahead of time and put the un-needed ones back in the box

That works great too. I'm just lazy, and rotating the die is simple enough. It also allows everyone to see which round it is at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
The easiest way is to remember that the game must be over when you cannot refill the entire display completely.

ut this doesn't work in 4p, at least with all the patricians, right? I liked the idea of removing patricians at game start so the number of patricians in play indicates how many turns left. You could even make one pile per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Great Dane wrote:
The easiest way is to remember that the game must be over when you cannot refill the entire display completely.

ut this doesn't work in 4p, at least with all the patricians, right? I liked the idea of removing patricians at game start so the number of patricians in play indicates how many turns left. You could even make one pile per turn.

I'd still recommend counting out the provinces. There are less of them so it doesn't take as long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sure. Pre-count out everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Yeah, sure. Pre-count out everything.

Gah! You know what I meant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.