Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dynamite

Ok, I'll admit I haven't seen this yet. I'm just going by self generated hype but it really looks great and today is my day to experience pure unadulterated Black Dynamite. I'll say more later when I've actually watched it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rice
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Blah Blah Blah
badge
I didn't know what else to do with the GG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. That cat Shaft is one bad mother f....

I'll just shut my mouth.

But for the record, I'm just talking about Shaft.

Can you dig it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Dynamite was righteous with a gun, and he knew kung fu..Shaft was a Jive Turkey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry... but nobody compares to:

In addition, despite the fact that Isaac Hayes wrote some BMF music for Shaft, I agree with some blogger's contention that Curtis Mayfield ruled supreme when he did the music for Super Fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rice
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Blah Blah Blah
badge
I didn't know what else to do with the GG
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll concede that Curtis ruled over Issac. Pusherman and Freddys Dead are two of my all time favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Sorry... but nobody compares to:

In addition, despite the fact that Isaac Hayes wrote some BMF music for Shaft, I agree with some blogger's contention that Curtis Mayfield ruled supreme when he did the music for Super Fly.

Dunno... there is no 'fro. How can he even be remotely 'super' without an Afro. And that woman has almost no booty. Long silky locks on a hero... who is he... Fabio?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For the record, before you start judging Shaft and calling him the baddest motherfucker on the planet -- have you actually seen the movie?

I swear it was one of the most-boring pieces of private investigator/detective film I have ever seen. I kept waiting the entire film for some action -- any action. The whole damn film keeps you waiting and you get ~0:30 worth of action right before the final credits roll. No Shaft roughing up informants to get information, no Shaft in a shootout with hoodlums. That picture from the poster and the box -- that's 0:30 before the end. Save yourself the watching of the film, watch those :30 and then forget it forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaft, Black Dynamite, posers compared to this man...

edit: I got some beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Random Cheap Disposable Love Interest, On Phone: "Shaft? I love you."

Shaft, Inside Phone Booth: "Yeah, I know, baby."

Classic. Looking for action in Shaft? You're missing the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well so far it hasn't disappointed... he's been lovin 3 women at the same time... he's beat up 6 karate/ninja guys at the same time... he's had trouble hanging up the phone because he's so choked up at some news he's received.

This is a keeper... I'll have to find a copy of it when it comes out for rent. On the same disk as a trailer is Boondock Saints II... another movie which I'm not sure if it takes itself seriously but it looks like good violent action fun.

More later as it comes.

Act 2: the Fight.

Black Dynamite heads out to track down his first major lead after playing with some Creamed Corn. CC tells him that Chicago Wind was the last fella seen with BD's brother. Decent fight scene until a gun is pulled... BD is held off while CW minces daintily over his unconcious thugs and out the door. Then out of nowhere and old friend of BD named BullHorn jumps out of the shadows and takes over for BD. BullHorn and gunwielding thug trade blows and BullHorn accidentally slaps the thug who backs up and says something to the effect of hey, not so hard... the play breaks for a moment and then cuts back in with the fight continuing but blows missing by a mile... thug drops and BD by this time is tracking down CW. This is really some fine comedic action.

Act 3 and some change: more cliches than you can shake a stick at...

Let's just say that Richard 'Tricky Dick' Nixon maybe was a little teensy bit of a crook. And he has some seriously weak kung fu.

Even the end credits are well worth watching.

This gets thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved this movie. IF you like films with large helpings of Cheese, comedy, blaxploitation, Kung Fu, an awesome soundtrack and intentional shoddy editing this is for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Decent fight scene until a gun is pulled... BD is held off while CW minces daintily over his unconcious thugs and out the door. Then out of nowhere and old friend of BD named BullHorn jumps out of the shadows and takes over for BD. BullHorn and gunwielding thug trade blows and BullHorn accidentally slaps the thug who backs up and says something to the effect of hey, not so hard... the play breaks for a moment and then cuts back in with the fight continuing but blows missing by a mile... thug drops and BD by this time is tracking down CW. This is really some fine comedic action.

Also when the action cuts, back the thug has been replaced by a stand in actor who looks nothing like the previous guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.