Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive the subject says it all.

I'm getting ready to build Chunky Fighters and I feel the dice would look better with a gloss finish.

I'd also entertain other ideas for getting such a finish.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print on full page label paper and then use some self-adhesive laminating sheets, always worked great for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend this site: http://www.sheet-labels.com

They have every conceivable type of label stock at really good prices. And I agree that gloss labels look the best. You get a much better print on it than you do on standard papers, which will show regardless of lamination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
I would recommend this site: http://www.sheet-labels.com

They have every conceivable type of label stock at really good prices. And I agree that gloss labels look the best. You get a much better print on it than you do on standard papers, which will show regardless of lamination.

I also second the reccomendation. I've only ordered the normal ("Premium White Uncoated") sheet labels from them, but they have them in up to 11"x17"! Thats quite handy. They also garuntee the quality of thier labels.

Make sure to get it for the kind of printer you use. If you are going to use a laser make sure its laser compatible. For instance, not all glossy finish media is compatible with lasers.

Edit: For this specific application you may want to consider some sorta finish. Otherwise its going to be quite expensive for glossy label sheets on just a single set of die! If you have other things in mind to use the labels for though, then it would become cost effective.
Isn't there called modge podge for paper that comes in a glossy finish? Or perhaps a spray?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.