Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Bessette
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting A Touch of Evil soon and I have a quick question about Town Elders and the Final Showdown.

Do Town Elders part of the hunting party in the Final Showdown bring the Shadow Track two steps closer to darkness when killed?

I see this as a reasonable conclusion as the Rules only state that when a Town Elder is killed, move the shadow track two steps closer to darkness.

If I'm correct, that could be a easy way to give the Villian the Game near the end with a shift of 4 Steps closer to Darkness! zombie

Am I correct or am I reading too much into it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The shadow track effect would apply after the showdown is completed (knockout, escape, or villian defeated) so yes that's a way to turn it into a "I win or everybody loses" scenario in a competitive game. Also remember that evil elders are no longer town elders and killing them in a showdown doesn't move the Shadow track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
The shadow track effect would apply after the showdown is completed (knockout, escape, or villian defeated) so yes that's a way to turn it into a "I win or everybody loses" scenario in a competitive game. Also remember that evil elders are no longer town elders and killing them in a showdown doesn't move the Shadow track.

I thought that the Shadow Track effects are applied after the end of the current Showdown Fight Round, not the end of the whole Showdown. The track movement occurs only after the win/loss check. Same thing is true for effects triggered off track movement (no increase in stats in the co-op game in the middle of a given Fight Round). Somebody should verify that.

It may be that in the co-op game the track movement happens at the end of an individual Fight Round and not the whole Showdown Fight Round.

I don't think that in either case that this happens at the end of the entire Showdown.

Usually I don't get much movement on the Shadow Track as I dismiss some Elders after just one Showdown Fight Round. If you have the Something Wicked expansion it's got some ways to keep Elders alive and almost anything that heals an Elder keeps them alive for one more Round.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Lee is correct on this one.

Check out Jason's reply to the OPs third question in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3626686#3626686

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Bessette
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes thanks for the follow-up. I didn't find anything for this in the wiki. http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=ATOE_FAQ_%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Ng
Philippines
Mandaluyong
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So has anybody found the final answer for this? Does the Shadow Counter move two steps closer to darkness or not every time an Evil Elder is killed? I think this is a very important question as it may break the game. Because this mean there will be an instance wherein it is futile to win even by continuing to fight the Villain if there are still a number of Evil Elders alive and the Shadow Counter is in a bad position on the track (near darkness).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel V
msg tools
mbmb
brel wrote:
So has anybody found the final answer for this? Does the Shadow Counter move two steps closer to darkness or not every time an Evil Elder is killed? I think this is a very important question as it may break the game. Because this mean there will be an instance wherein it is futile to win even by continuing to fight the Villain if there are still a number of Evil Elders alive and the Shadow Counter is in a bad position on the track (near darkness).

Hi,

- "Evil Elders" are no longuer "Elders" so their death doesn't move the track. So no matter how many Evil Elders the villains has

- If during shodown "Elders" are killed the tracks moves down, and shadow track goes below 1 you must kill the villain that showdown fight round or you lose.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.