Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Read it here: http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Rogers
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! 90 minutes sounds good, but $75?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's steep... Presumably there are a lot of components. In any case, the pre-order is already available for only $52 from Boards & Bits. That's more reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great, although only handling up to 4 means it will not get played much in my group. But I'll probably pick it up anyway, as the theme sounds right up my alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
This game could be played with more than 4 people, but this would shift the game a little in favor of the heroes for a few reasons:

You would have more hero cards out amongst the players (there is a hand limit), and these cards are used to fight the generals. So having more cards out amongst the hero party, the more powerful the players are relative to the enemy generals.

It would be easier for heroes to cover/manage the board if there were more players. Part of the challenge of the game is getting the right person, to the right location, to handle a situation. This demand often creates some difficult choices: pursue a quest, position for a fight with a general, clear out minions etc.

Richard has more insight into this I am sure, but from my conversations with him, and playing the game, these are the items that come to my mind as to why more than 4 players tips the advantage to the players and shifts the balance of the game off of its "center" so to speak.

Thank you for your interest in Defenders of the Realm. We will have more images to post within the next several days.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.