Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems odd to me that the people and buildings of each color are linked thematically (e.g. reds are warriors and fortresses) but not mechanically.

So here are two mechanical ideas to link them together, which might be used together or separately.

1. Instead of completed buildings, you must have occupied buildings. Occupied buildings consist of 2 building tiles and a person tile, all of the same color. People tiles used for occupying buildings still count for majorities as normal and they are still discarded at the end of the epoch.

2. For each completed building, you may save one person tile at the end of the epoch. For the purposes of ankhs, only person tiles collected in the current epoch count.

3. Combine the above two rules; the person occupying a building is "safe" and not discarded at the end of each epoch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretching into territory I usually carefully stay out of, I'll just say been there, done that, has problems (left as an exercise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Stretching into territory I usually carefully stay out of, I'll just say been there, done that, has problems (left as an exercise).

What, are you saying it is impossible to inject more theme into Knizia's crystal without breaking it to millions of pieces?
zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eikka wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

What, are you saying it is impossible to inject more theme into Knizia's crystal without breaking it to millions of pieces?

No. But my best reply is further into the aforementioned territory than I choose to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that you score 3 VP not 2 VP for a building for which you have the matching colour people majority that epoch. Marginal in impact, but very easy to implement, and logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.