Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some relatives of mine remodeled their kitched a few years ago, and have a bunch of unused marble (used for their countertops) lying on the side of their house. Some of the unused slabs are pretty big, more than enough to make a Crokinole board. Has anyone ever played on a marble board? Is it a crazy idea to even consider attempting such a project? The idea of a marble board just sounds so cool! Please, someone, stop me if I am talking crazy talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
That just might work. I wonder how heavy it would be. I say go for it. Grab some carnauba wax and let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
That just might work. I wonder how heavy it would be. I say go for it. Grab some carnauba wax and let us know how it goes.

Weight would definitely be a factor. I like solid tables, but this might be going too far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I would test its frictionless characteristics first by sending some stones on it before devoting much time to something that might not work. Also, its going to by VERY HEAVY to carry around. Still, would look real nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smidt
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the outcome if you decide to go for it!
Would you etch the circular scoring rings, or draw them on somehow?
Also, I don't think weight would be a factor as long as you plan for it to be a permanent piece of furniture. Devote a nice dark wood table for the stand and keep it on display. (Lugging around a tournament-sized board would be insane).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Caldwell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
As soon as I clicked on this Google ran a banner add for granite and marble counter tops. Man, they are on top of things. Your idea sounds cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even as a piece of furniture it would be epic. Hell, it might even be better as a piece of furniture! Getting the pegs in might be tricky. And the pegs would make it kind of weird to try to use as a piece of furniture, as you couldn't stack things on it very well. But cut scoring lines would just be way too cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be able to drill into the marble to post the pegs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I am inspired to try this now. I know it won't be portable, but it would sure be nice to have in the house! Hopefully drilling will not be a problem. Cut cutting the circle out will be the tough part!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.