Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wow, I bought Carson city for $41 undamaged...but here i can get it damaged for $42?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bet you're kicking yourself now! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing very exciting in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever purchased Ding & Dent games from Funagain? How dinged and dented are their games? I don't mind crushed corners, but I would hate it if the box has a hole in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never ordered a ding & dent from them but this is on their "policies" page:

Ding 'n' Dent Games
We occasionally receive games that have been damaged in shipping, and offer them for sale at a discount. All Ding 'n' Dent games are new; damage is minimal and restricted to the game packaging. Game components are in perfect, unplayed condition, and covered by the same All Parts Included Guarantee as our New and Used games.

Please Note:
Due to the unpredictable nature of our receipt of damaged shipments, all Ding 'n' Dent games are available on an extremely limited basis, and may become unavailable at any time without notice. We therefore cannot guarantee that all requests for Ding 'n' Dent items can be filled -- but if we have the same title in stock in undamaged condition, we will offer it to you at its regular price. We do not accept backorders or reservation requests for items in damaged condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anand Nadar
United States
Clinton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On an average Funagain is 10-15% more expensive than some of the other retailers. Even clearance/damaged copies end up being costlier. Nothing beats the prices of Cardhaus according to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Wilson
United States
Piedmont
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the website for Cardhaus? I like www.CoolStuffInc.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kw797979 wrote:
What is the website for Cardhaus?

http://www.cardhaus.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmarozzi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also compare to myatomic.com. Their prices are ~$2 more than coolstuffinc but free shipping is at $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a few decent deals available if you got on it early. I happened to be checking my email right when the Funagain email came in. I snagged Martian Rails for $25 and GMT's Kutuzov for $35.

I've also ordered ding-n-dent games from Funagain in the past. Mashed corners, I presume the result of a carton that didn't pass the 3-ft. drop test, were the usual ding and/or dent on the games. Noticeable but nothing particularly significant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baldwin
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Le Havre ding and dent when I didn't ask for a ding and dent.... they offered to remedy the situation with the ding and dent differential in refund.

I took the refund and the knowledge I would never use their services ever again. Sometimes in life you don't get second chances... or should I say third chances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did pickup Oltre Mare for $6 (usually $10 on Funagain and much more elsewhere) and Dust for $31 (52% off). I think most of everything has now been picked over so there isn't any really great deals left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits has the best deals all around in my opinion. Plus Boards and Bits gets Splotter Spellen stuff in all the time. And now with 2 warehouses, the chances of something not being in stock has dropped. Boardgamerrevolution has some nice bundle deals aswell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badfish20 wrote:
Boards and Bits has the best deals all around in my opinion. Plus Boards and Bits gets Splotter Spellen stuff in all the time. And now with 2 warehouses, the chances of something not being in stock has dropped. Boardgamerrevolution has some nice bundle deals aswell.

I live in Toledo and I know Rick and Rachel personally. However, even with free shipping I could not have purchased those games for that cheap from B&B. Sometimes you just can't go with your favorite e-tailer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a gamble and bought some Ding & Dent games for this Funagain special, and I lost majorly!!! cry One game's box was ripped from top to bottom, and to the side, on the front. I just don't know how the box was all ripped up, but yet there was nothing wrong with the shrinkwrap. Hmmmm. shake If the game was 40-60 percent off, then I would probably be ok with it, but it was only around 25-30 percent off the retail price. I also bought 3 other games, 1 of them has a major rip on the back of the box, while the other 2 games look used and re-shrinkwrapped.

Big lesson learned for me: NEVER buy Ding & Dent games from Funagain ever again...cuz getting these games sure ain't fun!!! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:
I took a gamble and bought some Ding & Dent games for this Funagain special, and I lost majorly!!! cry One game's box was ripped from top to bottom, and to the side, on the front. I just don't know how the box was all ripped up, but yet there was nothing wrong with the shrinkwrap. Hmmmm. shake If the game was 40-60 percent off, then I would probably be ok with it, but it was only around 25-30 percent off the retail price. I also bought 3 other games, 1 of them has a major rip on the back of the box, while the other 2 games look used and re-shrinkwrapped.

Big lesson learned for me: NEVER buy Ding & Dent games from Funagain ever again...cuz getting these games sure ain't fun!!! angry

I purchased Dust for $31 which has the bottom of the box in one corner slightly pushed in. This is what I expected for ding and dent.

However, I bought Oltre Mare for $6. The one side on the lid was separated from the top and one corner and then crushed accordian style. Even with packing tape fixing both inside and out it still looks like awful. This is what I didn't expect from a ding and dent. This looks more like crash and burn. The contents are fine. Glad it only cost me $6 plus shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.