Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Goodier
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone very close to me was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis almost ten years and even though she is gone now I do what I can to insure her memory lives on. For those not familiar with MS, in short, it is a chronic disease which attacks the central nervous system. It is very difficult to diagnose, given the varying intermittent symptoms especially in the early stages of the disease. For those familiar with the disease, I do not need to explain what it's like to watch someone you love go through the different stages. It's very difficult to see someone who is normally vibrant, healthy and upbeat go through an episode which they clearly have no control over. I could on for pages about MS, but i will get to the real reason why i'm posting this message.

I rode in the MS Rhode Island 150 last year and it was a great experience. It's a two day 150 mile bike ride hosted by my local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Many different chapters country wide host a 150 style event, and this year i'll be riding in the Rhode Island event again. Last year my supporters contributed an unbelieveable $8,000, placing me as the #6 overall fundraiser for my local chapter. I was absolutely shocked and amazed at the monetary support and kind words i received from so many different people, some close friends and others I had never even met. This year I am expanding my search for donors, volunteers, and fellow riders and thought BGG would be an ideal community to reach out to.

If you'd like to consider a donation towards my ride and/or if you'd like to learn more about the person I lost please follow this link - http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Dan.Goodier.

If you're interested in riding on my team in the RI MS 150 on June 26th and 27th 2010 follow this link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/MS.Marauders.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and feel free to post/GM any questions you might have regarding the disease or supporting the ride in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.