Hide
5 Posts

Summoner Wars» Forums » General

Subject: How does it compare to... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davis Talhone
msg tools
I may be way off base here, but does this game have anything in common with the Hero: Immortal King series? I recently picked up Den of Dementia and enjoy it well enough then discovered this series immediately after. I definitely would have went with this!
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
H:IK is more of an ultra-simplified Asmodee dungeon crawl. Is it still even in print? Summoner Wars is like a grid-bound miniatures game with cards, blessed with far more depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can download the rules for Summoner Wars off their website:

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_downloads.html

After looking through them, you should be able to get a good idea of the game. I have both packs with the four factions. I really enjoy the game as a quick battle game. It has just enough strategy to make it interesting and fun.

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own The Infernal Forge set of Hero: Immortal King, and I think Summoner Wars is about a bazillion times better. H:IK isn't really all that strategic or tactical, and it isn't really a true two player game. It's a solo game with limited 2nd player options to try to slow down the hero. I also think H:IK is more complex without any payoff for that added complexity.

Summoner Wars is more like a true battle between two players, more simple and elegant, and has a better combination of movement and combat with hand management.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Talhone
msg tools
Great info, thanks guys. I'm going to have to order this right away then. I didn't mind Hero, but this seems like what I was really itching for when I bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.