Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My dad called me today, all excited because he got his first tattoo! It looks something like this:

No, not the whole map. Not the cool pirate-y part. Just the "X".

He has lung cancer and when he went for his pre-radiation treatment orientation the nurses told him they mark the spot where they'll irradiate with permanent tattoo ink. He tried to get them to do something cool like a sexy babe or at least a heart, but nope, no such luck. They mark the spot with an X.

He thought this was hilarious as he's avoided getting tattoos his whole life, not even getting one when he was a navy cadet, and now he has one forced upon him and he can't even choose the style! Yeah, his disease is terminal but does the mark have to be permanent? Wouldn't a sharpie do the job?

He also said he got form-fitted with a cool "Jason" mask today, too, and is looking forward to rampaging around Toronto should the treatment fail and he has to reanimate as a masked, tattooed zombie.

It's a bit late for a mid-life crisis, but at least he's making the best of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McMurray
United States
Jamestown
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very sorry to hear about your father but way to make the best of things eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a tattoo shop could add to the design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
Maybe a tattoo shop could add to the design.

OH that is AWESOME!! I'm going to suggest that to him next phone call. He'll think that's very clever and way funny! Thanks! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
They could make it XXX with a babe under it.

Or Vin Diesel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:hugs:

I'm glad he and you are having a sense of humor about all this. Laughter adds minutes to your life I'm told!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugs and kisses, I'm sad to here about the plight. But I'm really glad he is taking it with such laugh.

And I second the XXX tattoo with a sexy babe underneath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.