Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that my local B&N had 3 or 4 copies of Titan on their half-off games table. Sticker's $70, so $35. I was tempted to grab one as trade bait...

There were a couple other things there which would appeal to the discerning gamer, but this was the biggest deal. Off the top of my head, Gulo Gulo, Red November, Master of Venice (Maybe Merchants of Venice? 2009 game)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that my local B&N had 3 or 4 copies of Titan on their half-off games table. Sticker's $70, so $35. I was tempted to grab one as trade bait...

There were a couple other things there which would appeal to the discerning gamer, but this was the biggest deal. Off the top of my head, Gulo Gulo, Red November, Master of Venice (Maybe Merchants of Venice? 2009 game)...

God, I always see these things and think "What the hell's wrong with MY local B&N?" All they stock is monopoly and their crappy coffee game. I actually saw Settlers of Catan in there a couple of weeks ago, so maybe there's hope.

I can't imagine walking in and seeing things like Titan and Red November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it doesn't say "Twilight" on the box, it's not at my B&N -- exceptions made for stocking games with "Struggle" or "Imperium". Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has a decent stock of "good" games mixed in with the usual crap. I've seen Puerto Rico, Dominion, the WoW adventure game, Age of Conan, Settlers... and more than a few abstract games I hadn't heard of before but whose multi-lingual descriptions suggest a euro publisher.

Got Villa Paletti there today (also half off!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Finberg
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I picked one up, you can never have too many copies

They also had cosmic encounter as well in Peabody. Burlington had nothing interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, I forgot about Cosmic Encounter.

Also: Peabody? That's where I live!

Maybe I'll run into you at Bob Day today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Austin. You'd think that at least one of the three B&Ns I visit would be the "cool" one to stock Titan or whatever. I've seen Settlers and some Onyx versions of some Hasbro titles and that's as close to cool as we get.

It's possible that one of them IS cool, and 'Geeks snap sale items up before I ever learn about them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kenderdine
United States
Feasterville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just picked up a copy at 50% off at my local B&N. Still 2 units left there(Neshaminy Mall).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul Enriquez
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up my copy. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.