Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What size minis can be used with this rule set? I think I read 15mm but would it work with 1/285th? How hard is it to convert? For people new to micro armor?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Not hard at all. IABSM can be and is played with 6mm (1/285), 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm. 3mm(1/600) and 54mm might be outside a bit, one too small and the other too large

For 6mm mount your infantry on group bases, say half a squad to a base or so, and then you will have to track hits using markers but it works just fine. My first games of IABSM were played with GHQ MicroArmour, then I played with 15mm figs mounted Flames of War style, and most recently with either 10mm figs on group bases or 15mm figs mounted individually.

No conversion necessary, and Rich has said before that the actual ground scale is pretty close to 1/300 anyway, so 6mm or 1/285 figs are right on.

If you join the Too Fat Lardies Yahoo group, there are some killer photos in the file section of games run using microarmour.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Crawford
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Bob. I play using 10mm and use inches for distances but I am considering trying out 6mm.

Have a look at some AARs from this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming/sets/

His terrain is awesome.

And visit the yahoo group to find anything you need to know about the rules as well as scalability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
That's the guy I was thinking of, thanks for the link Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the yahoo group, most questions answered quickly and intelligently with a bit of humor.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toofatlardies/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.