GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,269 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac» Forums » General

Subject: Pimping my Adventurers, Indy style rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hannes
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I was very excited to finally get my copy of The Adventurers, since I anticipate much enjoyment playing it with my 5-year old daughter. She LOVES Lego Indiana Jones (both the video games and the actual Lego toys), so of course she'd love the theme and the... Wait a second!

That's when it occurred to me. Who needs painted miniatures?!

"Uh oh..."

"Strong bridge!"

"You call this archaeology?"

"No time to argue! Throw me the idol I throw you the whip!"

"Soon, Kali Ma will rule the world!"

As for the character cards... I'll just make up some custom cards or tokens for the various abilities:

SPEED for Short Round and Indiana Jones
SWIMMING for Satipo and Chauchilla Warrior
STAMINA for Mola Rom and Arabian Swordsman
LINGUISTICS for Prof. Henry Jones and Belloq
ENGINEERING (Lock-picking) for Jock and Mutt Williams
JUMPING for Marion Ravenwood and Willie Scott

Can't wait to show my daughter... this will hook her for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's a great idea!

Of course, there may be some that miss certain aspects of the original minis...

And it is unlikely that they will be up front with you about why they don't like your idea...

Personally, I think they should just make a clean breast of it and tell you why they don't like your idea...

Now me, I think your idea is very promising and has a lot of merit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fun!

I made a Belloq expansion that kicks in upon exiting the board and have play tested it once. I'll have to post the details one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cute- but I for one prefer the original pieces.

They just have a certain... exaggerated look about them that keeps me coming back for more.

Legos have never been a part of my world- except, oddly enough, the Lego trees. But that is another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederic Henry
France
Itteville
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply excellent, you guys are really imaginative (I would love use Space marines minis in the temple of Chac for a picture, but I'm affraid about GW reaction ). Sad, it could do a story : Space marines discovering an old civilisation's temple on an unknow world...
Fred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great idea! Where did you get the Lego Indy pieces? From a specific set or just pieced together? How did you match them up to the character cards in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hannes
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:
What a great idea! Where did you get the Lego Indy pieces? From a specific set or just pieced together? How did you match them up to the character cards in the game?

I culled the Lego mini-figures from assorted Lego Indy sets I own. Marion and the Swordsman from "Cairo Ambush", Short Round, Willie and Mola Ram from "Temple of Doom", Jock, Satipo and Belloq from "Temple Escape", Mutt and Chauchilla Warrior from "Chauchilla Cemetery", Henry Jones Sr. from "Motorcycle Chase" and Indy from, well, all those sets.

Although if anyone's interested in picking up mini-figs without the full sets, most are available at www.bricklink.com for varying prices. Although if you like Legos I definitely recommend getting some of the full sets. The Indy sets never took off, so even though it looks like the line is retired, most sets are still available for less than retail if you look around, and my kids (2 and 5) love playing with the figures and vehicles.

But back to the game... For the character cards... Haven't needed them yet. When I played with my daughter, I just let her pick whatever characters she wanted...Short Round and Jock are her favorites. Then I told her the six abilities and let her just choose the one she wanted for each character.

I might print up token paste-ups for each of the six abilities (2 of each), and then you could randomly draw a token to determine which ability your character has. This would also have the benefit of letting you discard the token once you use the ability (I don't really like the "turn sideways" mechanic). If and when I do make the paste-ups I'll post them here. I thought about also making card paste-ups with pictures of the LEGO figures, but hitting three copyright violations in one shot not really what I'm aiming for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.