Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hanechak
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out about the online game at http://online.neuroshima.org/, and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Every time I launch it, it says, "Unable to launch the application". If I look at the details, there's an exception with the message:

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Could not verify signing in resource: http://online.neuroshima.org/NeuroClient.jar

Anyone know how to get past this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianHanechak wrote:

Anyone know how to get past this problem?

i was also unsuccessful in this venture, and i look forward to any help in the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have to be in Poland to ply it online.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phlegm wrote:
I think you have to be in Poland to ply it online.ninja

Not true. You can play it from other countries too (I've been playing with people from France, UK and US), but recently NHO has some problems, I think due to the server or other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I had this too.
Be aware that I use SnowLeopard, so yours may vary, but basically you need to go to your Java Controls and deselect something called something like "retain temporary files for quick access".
There was another thread on this somewhere.
Anyway, the site has been very wonky over the last few weeks, so, be patient in whatever you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, for one of the most common bugs, you must find Java's Temporary Files and erase them. If all went well, you should be able to run the application at least once.

If it doesn't work after this one time, rince and repeat the process each time you want to play (there might be an automatic process for erasing the temporary files though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hanechak
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running Windows Vista. I've tried what appears to be an equivalent option on the Java control panel... the "Delete Files" button under "Temporary Internet Files". It causes the game to re-download the next time I launch the Java Web Start file, but it doesn't fix the problem... I still get the same error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't connect to server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Server is down. Kakalec is looking for a new one. If anyone wants to help please contact him. You can find his email on NHO site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.