Subject: Plant Wild-Flare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Withem

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Plant Wild Flare wrote:

As a main player, after allies are assigned, you may steal the power of any ally (yours or your opponent's) for that encounter. You have the stolen power instead of your own, and the affected ally down not have the power, until the end of the encounter.

If plant steals a power with tokens/cards on the alien sheet does he take those cards/tokens? (fury, warrior, tick-tock, miser, cryo, etc)

More importantly if I am Cryo and i have 8 cards on my sheet and he plant flares me, can he steal my cryo'd cards? Also along those lines since I can pick up my Cryo'd cards at any time, could i pick up my Cryo in response?

I suppose it comes down to designer intent - Does plant wild steal the literal alien sheet AND power, or for the encounter does the player simply have a new "incarnation" of that alien?

Also in the case of tick-tock, what happens first? returning tick-tock to the original owner, or winning? (assuming it was the last tick)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
If a power is stolen, its artifacts go with it. So if Warrior is stolen, you get the points. If Miser is stolen, you get the hoard. So, yes, you'd get the Cryo deck if Cryo is foolish enough to let you. Because, yes, Cryo can preemptively switch to his frozen hand before turning over his power. At least that's how it would be in the spirit of the original designer's attitude of "you can do anything to foil someone trying to do something to foil you". Plant flare effect ends at the end of the encounter, and Tick-tock's win condition is an immediate effect, so the usurper would win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Withem

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a relief. I almost lost my stacked cryo =( lol. 30, cosmic zap, card zap, +3, +3, +2, vulch flare, 23, 40.... hehehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
On a somewhat related note... in a session this past weekend, my friend won with the Plant super flare.

Nobody had read the card yet, and we were all shocked and caught of guard. He was getting dominated all game too. One of the best wins ever..

For those who don't know... the flare allows you to "steal" the win. If another player wins the game, as long as you still have your power and have a colony in their system, they do not win, and you DO. It's so dirty, I love it.

It was particularly fun because as I said, we didn't even know it existed, as I didn't take the time to read through all of the flares before hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.