Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Peters-Campbell
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be old hat to everyone, but my wife and I were streaming Netflix the other night and came across a documentary called Atomic Cafe. It's a collection of old news reels, propaganda videos, and military training films from the Early War (40s and 50s). There's definitely a political point of view represented, but the stuff they show is so amazing it's probably well worth watching for anyone interested in the Cold War. Very interesting stuff that alternates between being really funny and completely horrifying...and sometimes does both at once.

It's available on Netflix's Instant Queue list, so that's an easy way to get it quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for those of us without Netflix a.k.a. non-US residents, it's also available on Google Videos.

The Atomic Café

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, there is also a DVD called 'Cold War Hysteria' with 43 documentaries ("Over 17 Hours!!").

Doesn't appear to be a POV; just straight presentations of some grainy but interesting films.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7629567

I found it at Border's for $5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.