Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if the non player has a bombing operation card, is the normal moral and defense used, or the current moral and defense? also, is it accurate to say a player can go into a battle only needing a point of moral to destroy a unit and rely on the action card that makes the enemy lose one moral point? Finally, if the attacker plays one of those lose a moral point cards and the enemy only has one moral left, is the battle immediately over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to add on to this, if there is a unit with the highest moral and defense total, but only has one moral point left, does the enemy still target it and basically sluff the card since it can't reduce a unit below one? or do they move on to the next possible unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Q. if the non player has a bombing operation card, is the normal moral and defense used, or the current moral and defense? also, is it accurate to say a player can go into a battle only needing a point of moral to destroy a unit and rely on the action card that makes the enemy lose one moral point? Finally, if the attacker plays one of those lose a moral point cards and the enemy only has one moral left, is the battle immediately over?

A. The current morale and defense values are used for the bombing. It is fine to go into battle knowing you need only inflict one morale loss on the enemy with an action card you have to do so. As soon as the enemy's morale reaches zero or less the battle is ended with the elimination of that unit and the other unit being declared the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Q. to add on to this, if there is a unit with the highest moral and defense total, but only has one moral point left, does the enemy still target it and basically sluff the card since it can't reduce a unit below one? or do they move on to the next possible unit?

A. As soon as a unit reaches zero morale it is eliminated and the battle ends with the other player declared the winner. That player gains a morale, gains prestige for its side or causes prestige loss to the other side, and then decides if it will advance into the eliminated unit's square if the winning unit was the attacking unit. Only then do the players move on to the next unit to be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Tom was actually referring to the cards that say you can't reduce a target's morale to zero. If such a card was pulled and the priority target had only 1 health left, would you just discard the card, or apply it to the next target following the priority rules?

I would say the latter, it gets used on the next card that meets the non-player target priority. A human opponent wouldn't play the card on a unit it couldn't affect, so I think the non-player AI should make such a decision as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes chuck, that is what i meant. I agree what you said, but I just wanted clarification. If in fact the rules would have you sluff the card, that would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Now I get you...sorry about that. It would hit the next priority target since that one would not be eligible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no problem, thanks for the response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.