Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Red November» Forums » Rules

Subject: What are the rules for picking up a grog in the captian's quarters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says it takes 1-2 minutes. Do I pick a time, like 2 minutes, then roll the dice to see if I get a 2 or less to pick one up?

This seems wrong but it's the way you pick up an a regular item, right? Except there you can select 1-10 minutes.

Please help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same way you pick up any item. You decided to spend either 1 or 2 minutes doing it. Then you get to pick up 1 or 2 Grog tokens. No die roll is required. Only the "time" used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
(+2 minutes if the captains quarters has low water). Yeah, there are bits in the rulebook that are not terribly explicit. You never have to roll to pick things up, it just takes 1 minute/item wherever you get them, but grog from the captain has a max of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
BooChihuahua wrote:
It says it takes 1-2 minutes. Do I pick a time, like 2 minutes, then roll the dice to see if I get a 2 or less to pick one up?

This seems wrong but it's the way you pick up an a regular item, right? Except there you can select 1-10 minutes.

Whoa. No, that is *not* the way you pick up regular items. You don't have to roll to pick up items. Just choose how many you want to pick up (up to 2 in the captains quarters, up to 4 in the utility closet or whatever that place is), and then just take that many items and advance the ghost token that many minutes.

Egad, this game is hard enough without rolling for items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't roll to pick up items. You just spend ONE action and as much minutes as you want to pick up either an item or Grog.

You where playing it wrong the whole time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, that helps. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.