Subject: More than 8 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarkko Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

It seems to imply here and there that the Bullet edition of this game could be played with even more people than eight (say 11). Is this possible? I've understood there are 7 character cards in the basic game and 8 in an expansion included in Bang The Bullet. Can these be combined? Are there enough other cards for 11 people and do the rules make this possible in anyway? Or has somebody come up with a variant?

We're planning a skiing trip that will have long evenings with nice group and looking very much forward to this type of game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Schwanewede
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is possible, BUT there is some amount of downtime for the players, since everyone takes his turn.
also, it takes some time till the game is finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. The role cards are there, and there are plenty of character cards. You could give it a try and see if there are enough of the standard game cards to go around.

One thing to keep is mind is that with 11 players, a weapon with the maximum range of 5 will just be able to reach the farthest players - if anyone in between has a mustang (or if several people do) then they will be hopelessly out of range. A scope will pull them back in by one, but you can't have more than one scope, so there may be players you just can't reach unless you take out people that are in the way, thereby reducing the range.

I would say try it and see how it goes. You may need to tweak the gameplay and come up with some variant rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.