Tank on Tank» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused about unit facing. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter.

Thanks for posting the rules. The game looks very cool.

But I am somewhat confused about the facing of the units.

On page 7 in the rulebook under 4.0 Facing the illustration shows the Tiger unit and as I can read it the direction it faces is upwards (or skywards) on the counter. Top of the tank towards a hex side.

But in this image
it's the turret of the Tiger unit that faces a hexside. All the other units in the picture also has turret or mussle of the rifles facing the hexside.

Also on page 10 of the manual under 8.2 Line of sight all the units in the illustartion has the turrets facing a hex side, except the Sherman in the top illustration that seems to be making a compromise by not alligning up to a hexside at all.

Can you clear up this confusion for me?

To me it seems that the facing illustration on page 7 has the wrong facing, since it would be natural to have the turret determine facing.

Stig Morten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The illustration on page 7 is correct, the one in your post is just a promo shot to show counters against the map (it has stacking, which also violates the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.