Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we dared reveal the GREAT campaign of Alex.

Of course the Hamburgers from the first game only whetted our appetites...I HAD to go get a PIZZA while Brian was feeding his little one.

Everyone feasted on this BABY!! Damn, I needed my 3 pieces and the Pepsi too!!

Ok back to the game. Well, we started with 5 players, looking to be a BRUTAL game for the duration, when Aaron got hosed the first 2 game turns and decided to take his Generals back to home for the rest of the campaign...So, we continued with 4.

The game is odd in that you REALLY DON'T want to go first, but it costs you valuable resources to make sure this doesn't happen. You really need to think about what your opponents might be doing during this Scoring Age and try to not copy their strategy.

Everyone started building the VP heavy cities,

while I spread the good word and built the lower VP temples.

Area after area, I seemed to be the only one who wanted to do this...So, I continued. It reached a point in the game where I locked up the most temples on the board (15 BONUS POINTS) and had the most temples in the most regions (more VP). It was really close at the end until I scored all my Bonus Points. No one had the most cities nor the most cities in a scoring area, so I think I was the ONLY one to receive BONUS VP!!!

This is a game where you really need to SUCK IT UP and pick on the leader. Sometimes this will mean scoring fewer points, BUT I think it's mandatory to keep it close to the end.

The last few regions presented a few interesting choices to make. EVEN though I had the advantage in the last region by GOING LAST. It didn't help me.

Having a limited resource available to you to accomplish the different scoring points makes it challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.