6 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: The roundabout tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Coates
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What is the rule for the road with the roundabout tile.

1. Do you have to complete all three ends before you score ?

2. If you have closed two ends can you refuse the score and keep your meeple on the board to score when you close the third end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably belongs with the expansion that had the 3-way roundabout (not that I know that one off the top of my head), but anyway:

1. Yes

2. You couldn't take it off anyway until all 3 ends are done.

There's also a 4-way roundabout with Catapult; you need to finish all four ends for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:
There's also a 4-way roundabout with Catapult; you need to finish all four ends for that one.

Really? That's sweet. I was going to pass on the Catapult. It was hurting me a little inside from a completionist point of view (I have everything else except that and the Wheel.)

But this might just be enough to tip the scales. I didn't realize it came with some tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb

All the catapult tiles consist of the fair, a feature which annoys me a bit as a non-carc like image. The 4-way roundabout is the tile on the top left, and the one with the cloister is interesting as well. We play by the house rule that you can choose to end a road to the yellow zone, making it possible to score 1 point roads, or to just place a field next to it. The original 3-way well-roundabout is from the Abbey&Mayor.

[/q]

You dont have to play with the catapult to use the tiles, but it definedly can be fun if you do. I've been using these rules for the fair tiles to make it fit better to the overall theme of the game:

1. Place the tile with the fair according to normal rules.
2. You can choose to place your follower on some of the features of the tile (not on the fair), or instead of that you can choose your opponent's follower from his/her stock (not a special figure) on to the fair.
3. If you chose the second option, your opponent's follower stays on the tile "visiting the fair" until it's the turn of the owner of this follower, then he can either: a) leave it there for the turn, b) pay points to get it back to his supply, 1 point for each segment surrounding the fair and one for the fair itself (so to lose 2-9 points). If the follower is still on the board at the end of the game it's scored just like a cloister, gaining points for the player. The player may use the follower on the same turn s/he payed to get it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always loved the 3 way roundabout. It can make for a very nice road.

I also like that there are 2 tiles with the road endings... makes for some sweet farm action. Good for forcing yourself into other peoples farms too... we like to play dirty Carc... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nweeky wrote:

the one with the cloister is interesting as well.

Totally off topic for this thread, but you started it: I absolutely hate this tile. It obviously is meant to have roads on both sides of it (compare to the image of the Fairs on the other tiles) yet HiG stupidly printed the roads yellow and gave nowhere near enough room to really be able to claim it. Your house rules seem fair enough considering the ambiguity. I just hope someone gets a proper answer from HiG someday regarding that tile. It is quite possibly my least favorite in all of Carcassonne-dom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.