Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the German/English translation file posted by Otakugirly, Baronesses cards read: "At game end receive 3 PP. If you have 2 Baronesa cards receive 4 PP each, if you have 3 receive 5 PP each." (my underlining)
The way it is written, it sounds like you will earn 3, 8 or 15 PP at game end.
However, when I read the Alea English cards, I understand I should earn 3, 4 or 5 PP at game end if I have activated 1, 2 or 3 Baronesses.
So which interpretation is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I don't understand why you've interpreted the English cards as you have.

My official English card (Baronesa Um) says:

Quote:
At game end, score 3PP. If you have 2 or 3 activated Baronesses, score 4 or 5 PP each.

Surely this matches Otakugirly's wording? If you have all 3 Baronneses - each of them earns 5PP, so you get a total of 15PP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Steve.

The RGG Baronesa cards are clear to me. You score 3 PP, 8PP, or 15PP for 1, 2, or 3 activated Baronesa cards at Game End.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
I don't understand why you've interpreted the English cards as you have.

My official English card (Baronesa Um) says:

Quote:
At game end, score 3PP. If you have 2 or 3 activated Baronesses, score 4 or 5 PP each.

Surely this matches Otakugirly's wording? If you have all 3 Baronneses - each of them earns 5PP, so you get a total of 15PP.

Wow I didn't see the last word (each) at the end of the sentence on the card. I went from memory for asking the question but it is indeed perfectly clear. Sorry for the poor reading ability. I had the feeling the Baronesses were a bit underpowered Now they're not!!
Last night I won by a 3-point margin but now I realize I will have to concede victory to my girlfriend who had 2 baronesses... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure nobody gets more than one Baroness - and certainly not all three!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baronesses cards read: "At game end receive 3 PP. If you have 2 Baronesa cards receive 4 PP each, if you have 3 receive 5 PP each."

So, if you have 1 Baronesses you get 3 PP.

So, if you have 2 Baronesses, for Baronesses A you get 3 PP + (4 x 2)PP = 11PP (The if condition that gives lots of point is independent from the 3 first point). And the Baronesses B gives other 11 PP.

So, if you have 3 Baronesses.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csibadajoz wrote:
Baronesses cards read: "At game end receive 3 PP. If you have 2 Baronesa cards receive 4 PP each, if you have 3 receive 5 PP each."

So, if you have 2 Baronesses, for Baronesses A you get 3 PP + (4 x 2)PP = 11PP (The if condition that gives lots of point is independent from the 3 first point). And the Baronesses B gives other 11 PP.

No, I don't think this is right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csibadajoz wrote:

No, it's not an additional 4 or 5 PP, it changes the 3 to 4 or 5 depending on how many you get.

1 Baroness = 3 PP
2 Baronesses = 8 PP
3 Baronesses = 15 PP

Those scores for multiples are already pretty big; adding another 3 PP because the sentences are "independent" is unnecessary and illogical. If that's what the designer had intended, adding the word "also" would have made it crystal clear. Unless I see an official response otherwise, I'm going to assume that the 4/5 PP for multiples is instead of the 3 PP for a single.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, I am not sure about I said yestarday, but I am not sure neither about your replies....

Is there any official answer about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
User Great Dane's reply (see above post) is pretty official as he was a playtester. I assume that if the interpretation of the rule mentionned above his post wasn't true, he would've corrected it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csibadajoz wrote:

I can see how you would think that, and I agree it's poorly written in the English version at least. However the intent of the card seems to be simply that each Baroness is worth 3/4/5 depending on whether you have 1/2/3 of them.

Let's just hope no M:tG players play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.